Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo help

Options
  • 24-09-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey folks,

A friend of mine posted here looking for help creating a logo for his 1-man-business and got some great logos posted - and I would like to ask a similar request.

It would be primarily for business-cards and a page or two on the net

--

The name is 'Intellica' with the tagline "Intelligence Network" or "Intelligence Networking"

Something along the lines of; connecting knowledge with people, or an 'edge' type feel (at the leading/bleeding edge)

I'm kinda attached to this little guy (just the shape, not the colors) if that's any help

partialsd2.gif

--

I've tried in vain for anything I'd feel presentable but there's limits when you haven't got the skills :)

I'm not yet off the ground but I could stretch to 50-100 Euro for the logo and effort for the one I choose if that sounds fair?

/Ry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

intellica.jpg

joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ryshandyr

A little too Metallica :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

ryshandyr wrote: »
    I'm not yet off the ground but I could stretch to 50-100 Euro for the logo and effort for the one I choose if that sounds
    fair?
    It doesn't really sound fair. You're basically asking a bunch of people to work for free, with the idea you'll pay pittance to the person you decide to pick.

I doubt you'll get many takers.

Post the ad up on adverts.ie and pick someone who's portfolio you like. You'll only get a student or amateur at the price though, you'd nearly be better just using a stock logo service like Logoyes.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ryshandyr

p wrote: »
    It doesn't really sound fair. You're basically asking a bunch of people to work for free, with the idea you'll pay pittance to the person you decide to pick.

I doubt you'll get many takers.

Post the ad up on adverts.ie and pick someone who's portfolio you like. You'll only get a student or amateur at the price though, you'd nearly be better just using a stock logo service like Logoyes.com

Hey that's great advice - thanks! - I'll try the Logoyes.com option first.

/Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Check your PMs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

p wrote: »
    So what? Nobody is being forced to do it. If you don't want to take part then don't. Simple as that.

Plenty of people do this type of thing as a hobby and might enjoy the challenge of making a good logo for him.

On the other hand if the OP wants to use some logo that was thrown up on a public forum for free which he probably won't own the copyrights to and probably won't get completed to an adequate standard for print etc until he does consult a professional then let him at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Scotty # wrote: »
    So what? Nobody is being forced to do it. If you don't want to take part then don't. Simple as that.

Plenty of people do this type of thing as a hobby and might enjoy the challenge of making a good logo for him.

On the other hand if the OP wants to use some logo that was thrown up on a public forum for free which he probably won't own the copyrights to and probably won't get completed to an adequate standard for print etc until he does consult a professional then let him at it.
    Well said.

Advertisement