Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand bike

Options
  • 24-09-2008 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey guys,

anyone have a good tri bike for sale or know the best bike shops/websites to try? based in dublin, so any where around there is good.

i'm looking to get a 2nd hand bike, don't want to break the bank on it either. want to do a few triathlons next year so plan on training during the winter and build up the legs. ideally i'm looking for a 2nd hand spealised allez sport, friend has one and like the look and comfort of the bike.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

What size you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ronanc4

56 frame size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

My mates selling his Pinarello F4:13 over on adverts.ie, used it for the same reasons as yourself - couple of triathlons - I have one myself and can't recommend them highly enough. He was looking for €1,800 last time I checked.

See: http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=56739&cat=all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ronanc4

thanks for that but am looking for a lot cheaper than that i'm afraid. thinking 500-600 at most. maybe down the line get a decent new one but not for now.

I have a 90s Raleigh 56cm frame I'm planning on selling soon if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

might be interested in the raleigh 56cm. Is it a very short frame or do you think i'd get away with it at 6'3''? Is it a nice lugged frame? Horizontal drop nuts? Any idea how much you'll be looking for?

cyco wrote: »
    might be interested in the raleigh 56cm. Is it a very short frame or do you think i'd get away with it at 6'3''? Is it a nice lugged frame? Horizontal drop nuts? Any idea how much you'll be looking for?

I'd say it's too small for you. Plain lugs and horizontals though. But at 6 3 I'd say you'd need small legs. I'm 6ft and only have 32 inseam so works perfectly for me. Aah and to think I thought I was lanky in my younger years

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭superrdave

hi

i'm also looking for a second hand bike for cheap

really just for getting to and from work (only a ten minute cycle) and would take just about anything

ideally not looking to spend much over e100 or e150

any ideas where to look?

i was thinking the garda auction but apparently they are having work done at kevin street and the auctions have been moved to naas of all places. might still head out and have a look when the auction is on, but i kind of need one before the end of next week in the meantime.

Advertisement