Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best web browser for symbian?

• 24-09-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to install a better browser on my n95, any recommendations would be great - thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Opera mini in my opinion beats the inbuilt browser, but doesnt support flash. It has a decent interface and really pushes down page sizes, so it works faster and doesn't eat into your data allowance as much. The boards homepage is about 500kb but in opera mini it manages to compress it to <50kb.

Whatever you do, do NOT, under any circumstances use safari on the somebody elses iphone or ipod touch. You'll never want to use a symbian based browser again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

+1 for Opera mini on the n95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Overall, Opera to the Mini, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Operas native S60 client is also good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks guys. I'll give it a go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Still no mobile browser out there that can play videos? Any update on when Opera will be introducing it?

Anyone got a way round downloading the skyfire beta..you can only download it from America at the moment....

http://www.skyfire.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

@ drunkmonkey: do you know anyone in US? Just get them to send you the link via SMS from their SMS.

I'm after downloading the Skyfire to the PC and bluetoothing the Application installer to my phone....i'm getting a file corrupted error when I try and install it...

I'm using a E71 so it mighten be compatiable yet, can anyone else give it a try with a N95 or something similial...

Here's the link, you might have to sign up to access it, just put in a fake phone number and download the pc version....

http://www.skyfire.com/mobile/download/link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Im getting a certificate error on the N95.. so the app isnt signed by symbian yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

bandit197 wrote: »
    +1 for Opera mini on the n95

++1 to opera mini, made browsing forums on k800i an ok experience which is impressive considering the small screen

• Advertisement

noblestee wrote: »
    Im getting a certificate error on the N95.. so the app isnt signed by symbian yet.

Is there any way around that? Could it be the euro/american thing, i'm guessing symbian is the same all over the world and the country shouldn't matter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Still no mobile browser out there that can play videos?

Was watching Youtube yesterday on S60 native browser.
    N82
    Product Code:0554980
    Software v30.0.019 (updated 20Sep8)

RM313

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

I can watch You Tube no problem but I think that's becuase they have a mobile version of you tube...

try a site like http://www.milkandcookies.com/ on your browser and see can you get it to work......they don't have a mobile version...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Another vote for Opera Mini here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I can watch You Tube no problem but I think that's becuase they have a mobile version of you tube...

try a site like http://www.milkandcookies.com/ on your browser and see can you get it to work......they don't have a mobile version...

Yeah, that site doesn't work, forgot that Youtube have a mobile version

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement