Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ticket changes

Options
  • 24-09-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

guys not going to mention a venue or promotor or even teh artist so hopefully I'm not setting myself up here :D

the missus & friends bought some tickets recently and managed to get in the third row. but then the venue announced some VIP tickets and has decided that these would be in teh first 10 rows. the ticket seller has contacted them and said basically "you know those really great seats you thought you had? yeah well actually you don't you have these ones instead right up the back." now the silly bing that paid for them accepted these new seats without checking where they are. but from what i can see they are in the nose bleed section.

my question is can they do that? lets assume the silly bint hadn't accepted the replacement tickets. could they just pull them like that even though that had taken your CC (in my mind accepting your payment is a legally binding contract) and sent a confirmation email giving you you seat numbers and row etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

Has she got the tickets already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

boomer_ie wrote: »
    Has she got the tickets already?

no, only ordered them last week they only went on sale. allegedly the selling site didn't have all the details from the promoter or something. so who ever was promoting it had decided to do these VIP tickets (meet the performers etc) like they had done for other venues. but in the previous cases the VIP tickets went on sale first, but not for the Dublin show. the VIP tickets haven't even been released yet but the regular tickets went on sale about 7 days ago.

personally i think the promoter didn't talk to the ticket agents or the ticket agents forgot about the VIP section or something like that. but of course there's probably a "we reserve the right to change the seats" type clause

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Would this seller be classified as the official ticket seller for the event or just some sort of reseller?

axer wrote: »
    Would this seller be classified as the official ticket seller for the event or just some sort of reseller?

no it's official alright. everything is above board. as i said she managed to get them on the day of release. don't even think it's sold out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

ats wrote: »
    no it's official alright. everything is above board. as i said she managed to get them on the day of release. don't even think it's sold out yet.
    Was the ticket bought online or over the phone? i.e. were you confronted with any terms and conditions since they might cover the seller in the case of mistake.

• Advertisement

axer wrote: »
    Was the ticket bought online or over the phone? i.e. were you confronted with any terms and conditions since they might cover the seller in the case of mistake.

online and i double checked the terms and conditions last night just in case there was a "get out" clause for them. the only thing i can see is

Tickets are sold subject to the management's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.

IMO kinda vague bit they may blame the promoter and say it's beyond our control.

got the name of a manager with the seller so gonna put a complaint in writing to him. the wife called them yesterday and they said "we tried call the house number you gave us but the number is disconnected" yet she was calling them from that number, and when she said I also included a mobile number they said "yeah we know you have a mobile but we didn't ring it" idiots if you cant get through on one number then why not try the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭D500B

whoever you actually paid money (sounds like in this case the agent) is the person you have a contract with.
    Basically you can go to the concert in the nose bleeds section but you are also entitled to financial compensation which is the difference between the tickets you got and the cost of the VIP ones. if trying to get this you should make clear you understand your entitlements (ie that they can't fob you off to another group (promoters or something -its the person you paid who owes you - like a travel agent owing you if a holiday was fubar rather than the hotel). cite the relevant sales of goods act. and lay out a letter very clearly which also states that if they don't act you will pursue legal advice with any additional costs then being attributed to them.
    that should get a response from them.

D500B wrote: »
    whoever you actually paid money (sounds like in this case the agent) is the person you have a contract with.

yeah that's exactly what i was going to say in the letter, that them by accepting my booking entered into a contract with me. that contract was that I pay them X amount for Y tickets in rows whatever. for their part they where to supply those tickets. the fact that they sent the original confirmation email would verify that this contract was entered into IMO. any difficulties with VIP areas or what not or the promoter making changes was an issue for the ticket seller and the promoter and has nothing to do with me yada yada yada

Advertisement