Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MadWorld - "Most Violent Videogame Ever"

Options
  • 24-09-2008 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

right, no work to do today, so (even though its a bit late);

The Daily Mail, ever a bastion of fair, accurate, unbiased reporting has an interesting piece about MadWorld, a super violent (awesome looking) game from ex-Clover studios developers.

Anyway, it rants on about how violent it is, including:

“Players…can impale enemies on road signs, rip out hearts and execute them with weapons including chainsaws and daggers.”

Which I assume is supposed to make people disgusted at how violent it is, I just think it sounds CLASS:D.It then continues, quoting some games-are-destroying-our-country spanner:

“It seems a shame that the game’s manufacturer have decided to exclusively release this game on the Wii…I believe it will spoil the family fun image of the Wii.”

Which I agree with on both levels.
    MadWorld should not be exclusive to Wii because I want to play it on 360 instead:mad:.....:rolleyes:. And the Wii is no longer a games console, instead a family-friendly entertainment device. As an aside, MadWorld will be the third original (excluding the FarCry spinoff), tenth overall, M-rated Wii game in three years. That’s compared to 59 M-rated games for 360 and 23 for PS3.

The article concludes with an interesting quote from a Nintendo spokesman:

“The game is not made by Nintendo but by Sega.”

Which is either pointing out to the Mail’s readers (all of which are obviously mensa-level) that Sega is actually developing it, so you should complain to them. Or, more cynically, it’s diverting any sort of questions to Sega (eg “We didn’t make it, so we can’t control what’s in it. If it were us, it would be all bright and sparkly and all that bollocks:rolleyes:”).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The daily mail should be renamed the daily fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

MadWorld should not be exclusive to Wii because I want to play it on 360 instead:mad:.....:rolleyes:.

HA!
    I Wubs my Wii!

I read about this a while back in edge, looks fun. And you should know better than to cite the daily mail, people have been site banned for less :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

okay...:D...no more daily fail :D

anyone see the part on the news actually where they blamed the finland school shooting on this kinda stuff actually? on World of Warcraft to be exact...

WoW doesnt create violence....it's a community that draws the most potential candiates for that kinda stuff imo...

I disapprove of reporters blaming these types of games. It's stress relief if anything

The game looks promosing :pac:

I disapprove of reporters blaming these types of games. It's stress relief if anything

i dunno, enough grinding in Warsong Gulch will do terrible things to a man

i dunno, enough grinding in Warsong Gulch will do terrible things to a man

it's losing my interent connection or getting kicked from a server due to ping that stresses me....

I blame my ISP if i ever go on a killing spree tbh

• Advertisement

it's losing my interent connection or getting kicked from a server due to ping that stresses me....

I blame my ISP if i ever go on a killing spree tbh

i can see it now

EIRCOM RESPONSIBLE FOR MURDER SPREE

"Ban this sick filth now" - opportunistic politician

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We might get decent broadband in Ireland if some one goes Finnish because of a bad connection.

The Daily Mail is such a heap of junk. Of course they never mentioned that comic book art style of the game and that the violence it very stylised and about the same level as your aerage comic book.

Also it's rated M for a reason. If you don't want to spoil the family fun image of the Wii then don't buy any M rated gaems. I'd say it will probably only get a T rating anyway and quite a low one in europe. It's toilet rags like the Daily Mail and their like that are holding the whole medium back. It's the same scaremongering we saw we TV and literature were first introduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Stephen wrote: »
    The daily mail should be renamed the daily fail.

Nice! Simple but effective! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

This sick thread is the kind of filth that should be banned. **loads gun and leaves house looking for boardsies to terrorise**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

xdX7sn1dni.jpg

• Advertisement

free toilet paper....nice touch :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Or, more cynically, it’s diverting any sort of questions to Sega (eg “We didn’t make it, so we can’t control what’s in it. If it were us, it would be all bright and sparkly and all that bollocks:rolleyes:”).

Yea Nintendo should of said "HAHAHLOLOLO WERE MAKING THIS GAME IN YOUR FACE WORLD"

it is being made by nintendo - regardless of there stance/opinion on the game,
    They are not in a position to take any of plaudits or criticism for a game not made by them.
    By the way it shall be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ok which of you came out with this:
    Why did Paramount release that awful "Saving Private Ryan" DVD? How are my children supposed to watch their Popeye and Rugrats DVDs now? -- Barry O Halloran, Dublin, Ireland, 12/8/2008 14:44

what are you on about??? where did this come from?!?!

Zillah wrote: »
    Ok which of you came out with this:
    Why did Paramount release that awful "Saving Private Ryan" DVD? How are my children supposed to watch their Popeye and Rugrats DVDs now? -- Barry O Halloran, Dublin, Ireland, 12/8/2008 14:44

Wow, i know that guy. Like IRL know him.... this internet is a small place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

what are you on about??? where did this come from?!?!

One of the comments. Keep up lad.

Advertisement