Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted House at Goffs, Co. Kildare

Options
  • 24-09-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

anyone know anything about this? Im from the local area and remember my mam telling me as a kid that the house is haunted. I thought it was BS but Ive lived in the area for over 20 years and anytime anyone has moved in they moved back out and its been uninhabited for a good while from what I can tell. Its the house at goffs on the N7 with shuttered wooden blinds,

The rumour I heard was that a young boy died due to falling down the atairs - just curious if anyone knows anymore? a lot of locals refer to it as 'the haunted house'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Is it inhabited at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Hi 6th I don't think that it is. I was expecting them to knock it down when they re vamped the N7 but its still there, just behind the N7 barrier.
    Im just curious about it, I mean something must go on there because I have seen people move in once or twice over the years but it always ends up empty again. Its a modern enough looking house

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Adagiodiva

Hi,

I'm from Kildare and remember my father telling me about that house.

Apparently when Irish Throughbred Marketing were leasing it employees experienced plates being thrown across the rooms and other terrifying phenomena, certainly no company or persons have occupied the premises for more than a year.

Would love to know if anyone has any background on the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I've not heard anything about it, although admittedly, I didn't wander outside of Naas so much when I was living there, and admittedly I'm stayingput here too, although I have a photo project lined up for next year that I intend to trial before the end of this year.

Advertisement