Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Downlighter Wiring

• 24-09-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Don't shoot me down on this one as I am exploring possiblities at the moment.

I have asked the electrician to provide one or two single lighting points in most rooms in a new build house. I may at some point in the future wish to install downlighters in some of the rooms. I am wondering if it is possible, before the plasterboard ceiling goes up, to install dead wiring that is not connected to anything at present to allow the downlighter installation in the future without too much wire "fishing"....

If so what should the wiring carcass look like, should it be a point to point junction box system or what way should a row of say.... eight downlights be wired......

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

before you slab the ceiling run a wire from the ceiling pendent in a square around the room roughly where you would put your down lighters. leave plenty of slack between each imaginary light. when you decide to put them in all the sparks has to do is drill the hole and with a coat hanger fish down the cable. he then could use coffin obo boxes to make his connection which will fit back up trough the hole he has drilled for the down light.
    ps......no harm in making a rough drawing with some key measure ments to help at a later stage.

Advertisement