Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote - XL Airlines

• 24-09-2008 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I am flying to lanzarote on Saturday, I booked through a travel agents but the flights were with XL (Excel Airlines). I'm not having any joy in finding out what the new flight arrangements are & I wanted to know is anyone else in the same position as I am about to explode with the stress of it all :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Bad news by the looks of things

Taken From http://ie.xl.com/
    Customers who have yet to travel

Customers of XL HOLIDAYS, who have booked directly or via their travel agent, Who have yet to commence their journey will be unable to travel. They should make a claim to the Commission for a refund of monies paid and an XL Holidays claims form will be available on the commission’s site www.aviationreg.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Alternative flights are in place- Where are you flying from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

dibblyduck wrote: »
    Hi, I am flying to lanzarote on Saturday
    Haha I don't think so bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dibblyduck

I'm flying from Dublin. I have called the travel agents a number of times & I'm getting nowhere in a hurry with them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Alternative flights are in place- Where are you flying from?

I assumed the alternative flights were only on the 15th sept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

noblestee wrote: »
    I assumed the alternative flights were only on the 15th sept

Alternative flights were put in place from the day after both XL and Futura went out of business. Why would they wait to put them in place, when delaying it would only result in further chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dibblyduck

I booked with Sunworld & that is who I have been contacting & they say they don't have the alternative in place yet but they will contact me when they do which could be Friday.

I was just wondering if anyone else is flying this weekend & wether they have more info from their travel agents than that.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Your holiday being from a travel agent is fully bonded (insured) and it's in your Ta's interest to put on alternative flights.
    It might be done at the last minute but I'd be surprised if it isn't.

In the meantime I'd keep planning to go at the time you were supposed to and I'd keep my mobile switched on at all times if I were you as they will no doubt ring you.

If you are really worried,call into the Ta's office tomorrow or friday and insist on the new details.

Advertisement