Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November in Killarney

Options
  • 24-09-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,,just wondering if you could help me out. Myself and my hubby wanted to do a wknd away in mid november for two nites. We usually would head for Galway, but were thinking of trying it out Killarney for a change after hearing lots of great things about it. Im just wondering is the town still lively in November and is there any nice hotels you would recommend in the town.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

me and my booyfriend go to killarney every year in november for a weekend and we love it :D we stay in the killarney court hotel and the staff could not be nicer there and every time we go back there we get a room upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Thanks for that betsie! iv looked at d killarney court it looks really reasonable..im not fussy bout hotels just like em clean is all! thanks for d advice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

fendigal wrote: »
    Hi all,,just wondering if you could help me out. ... but were thinking of trying it out Killarney for a change after hearing lots of great things about it. Im just wondering is the town still lively in November ...
    Thanks in advance

One great aspect of Killarney is that their is always something going on in the town, be it at week-end or mid-week, you will always find something going on somewhere in one of the many pubs/clubs ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

fendigal wrote: »
    Hi all,,just wondering if you could help me out. Myself and my hubby wanted to do a wknd away in mid november for two nites. We usually would head for Galway, but were thinking of trying it out Killarney for a change after hearing lots of great things about it ... and is there any nice hotels you would recommend in the town.
    Thanks in advance

Have you looked at www.centralr.com you can get a good selection on that site and at a good price too ... maybe look at riverside or holidayinn on the main muckross road
    - within 10mins walk from the town
    - 4mins from the Gleneagle/INEC which hold concerts and have live music in their bars in the hotel itself
    - also whitegates seems to have regular music sessions and draw good crowds too should you not wish to go into town one evening

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭paddyenglishman

Shop around and haggle like the wise do .

Killarney court isn,t the flashiest hotel and don't start me on the food and service.
    Seriously ring round there are so many hotels struggling now , get the best price you can and set your sights higher than a commercial travellers hotel .

Competion in Killarney is fierce
    Enjoy ya trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Killarney court isn,t the flashiest hotel and don't start me on the food and service.

We, hubby, myself and two kids, went there for a Sunday lunch recently and our experience was not good. Even after complaining, our issue was not sorted, sorry but I cannot recommend this hotel.

On the other side of the by-pass road, towards Cork, is the Killarney Heights hotel, been there a few times, do a very good Sunday lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Thanks guys..thats great to know! i was looking at the riverside hotel or the killarney avenue hotel either..i read about killarney court on tripadvisor and they have mixed reviews..its so hard to know.
    Thanks for all the advice..

Advertisement