Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 41's

Options
  • 24-09-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Last friday i got the 41 from Lower Abbey Street at 16:40.

It took me 2 hours to get home.I was going to get the swords express but decided against it,big mistake as i always get it.

But 2 hours,come on thats unfair.

Anyway,i wanted to know whats it like getting the 41,41c,33,43 at around 7-7:30 into town from Swords ??How long does it take ??

Im starting to rack up a nasty bill with Bus Fares as i have to pay 2euro into town,60cent to navan road,60cent to town and 2euro to Swords.

Would be great to be able to buy Unlimited DB prepaid ticket for 6.50 and use for whole week but that aint gonna happen coming home!

Tanx!

Also the 41x doesnt help me much as thats 1.60 or 1.80,not much difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Last friday i got the 41 from Lower Abbey Street at 16:40.

It took me 2 hours to get home.I was going to get the swords express but decided against it,big mistake as i always get it.

But 2 hours,come on thats unfair.

Anyway,i wanted to know whats it like getting the 41,41c,33,43 at around 7-7:30 into town from Swords ??How long does it take ??

Im starting to rack up a nasty bill with Bus Fares as i have to pay 2euro into town,60cent to navan road,60cent to town and 2euro to Swords.

Would be great to be able to buy Unlimited DB prepaid ticket for 6.50 and use for whole week but that aint gonna happen coming home!

Tanx!

At that time on a friday this will be the norm for the 41, the 41c is not much different. The only thing I would suggest is the 43 which never takes more than 70 minutes at peak and about 50 outside peak times

As you said the 41x is of no use but at 7.25 one leaves the manor and gets to trinity at 8.25 (gets to connoll)y station about 8.05-8.10

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

At that time on a friday this will be the norm for the 41, the 41c is not much different. The only thing I would suggest is the 43 which never takes more than 70 minutes at peak and about 50 outside peak times

As you said the 41x is of no use but at 7.25 one leaves the manor and gets to trinity at 8.25 (gets to connoll)y station about 8.05-8.10

Thats interesting about the 43,thanks.

Also with the 41x,id rather pay the extra 40 odd cent and get there half an hour earlier with swords express but thats student fares.

If i was to get the 43 at 7.00 , i would be in town by 8.10 ?
    If so thats great !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Bear in mind there are a lot of roadworks just past Santry causing a lot of delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

If i was to get the 43 at 7.00 , i would be in town by 8.10 ?
    If so thats great !

Thats about right, the sooner the metro gets started the better. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Would you not just buy a weekly or monthly bus ticket?

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Bear in mind there are a lot of roadworks just past Santry causing a lot of delays.

Good point,thats where i was stuck at a standstill for most of the journey.
    Thats about right, the sooner the metro gets started the better. ;)

lol yeah 20 mins ! We'll be laughing at ourselves in a few (?) years at us taking 2hours to get home !
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    Would you not just buy a weekly or monthly bus ticket?

A dublin bus one ?
    That would be pointless as i only get dublin bus twice a day which is 6euro a week plus 4euro a day on swords express which is 20euro a week.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The X buses are €2.30 mate.

Sizzler wrote: »
    The X buses are €2.30 mate.

not for students it aint :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

33 all the way. 41, 41C, etc, take detours. 33 goes straight to O'Connell Street. Used to work up in Swords, so got the bus from Drumcondra in the mornings.

Usually got the 41, or 41C, as it's like Russian Roulette getting a bus between 7:55am and 8:20am (any later, and I'd be late for work). Coming back, the 33 would take 30 minutes. The 41 or 41C, depends on traffic, and they'd detour off, so we're talking up to an hour at times.

The best: a 41 with a driver that is doing their final shift. They skip the airport, most stops, and flies into Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Get the 43! The road works at Santry and at Whitehall are causing havoc! Took me an hour and 50 mintues to get to Swords and the bus left town just before 4 o'clock so it wasn't exactly rush hour. Don't think the roadworks will be finished for another 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

the_syco wrote: »
    33 all the way..... ......33 goes straight to O'Connell Street
    Presumably the 33B (Donabate/Portrane) would be similar?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For multiple leg journeys you could also get a Travel 90 ticket (I think you can swipe the €17.00 ones ten times) - they work out at €1.70 each.

The 33 goes through Santry/Whitehall so you'll still have the traffic problem for the next few months.

Yeah 33B is the same route as 33 from Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If you ever get a ticket you could also get the Airlink to the airport and the 102 then into Swords if it's taking two hours to get to Swords because of the roadworks.

The best: a 41 with a driver that is doing their final shift. They skip the airport, most stops, and flies into Dublin :D

So true!! But jesus, if they goes through the airport, coming around the corner near the Radisson hotel, you have to hold on to your seat. Flies around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was just talking to someone who was on a 41c going to Swords who said that the bus went down the motorway by-passing the mayhem at the roadworks. Was it a one off or has anyone else had their bus use the motorway?

Thats interesting about the 41c going down the motorway but everyone in santry/whitehall is missing out so id say it was just a very pissed off driver

Or you could just get the swords express and it goes underneath all that traffic lol

Problem is,i got off school at 4 and afaik the 43 is at 4:30 and im coming from Navan Road so some days i might just scrape it. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OP: get a car, and drive to the train station in Malahide... :D

dsmythy wrote: »
    Was just talking to someone who was on a 41c going to Swords who said that the bus went down the motorway by-passing the mayhem at the roadworks. Was it a one off or has anyone else had their bus use the motorway?

My Dad was speaking to a bus conductor (dude with the walkie talkie) and he was saying they may get some sort of shuttle bus going from Santry to Airport... maybe it's started already? I didn't think it could be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

the 41 is now bypassing the roadworks via the m1 at peak times. it takes it's usual route from town to santry, then goes right at santry stadium onto the m1 and comes out at the airport. ther's a shuttle bus from santry to the airport for tourists and the like.

when the driver announced this the first time, i actually cheered. and i wasn't alone.

regarding commuting into town, 43 ftw. 33 if it's there in second. i would only get a 41/41c if i really needed to. working in coolock and the 43 gets me there in the time it takes the 41c to get to airside.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Anybody know what time the buses start diverting at???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The 41 buses are a disgraceful service for anyone who wants to travel between 7-10 am or 4-8pm monday to friday who isn't a ucd student.

I know this is a niche market in Swords for them to address.:rolleyes:

Thank the Good Lord above for Swords Express.

I hope I never see the inside of a Dublin bus again.

OP: get a car, and drive to the train station in Malahide... :D

Oh the effort !

I could basically walk to the station but THATs the effort !

The 41 buses are a disgraceful service for anyone who wants to travel between 7-10 am or 4-8pm monday to friday who isn't a ucd student.

Totally agree. . . I got the 43 home on Friday. Got it at 16:15, got in swords at 17:15,twas ok but i think i mite stick with The Swords express. . . Only if im stuck on change will i get DB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Chinafoot wrote: »

Roadworks there until November afaik. However the disruption to buses this week has been purely short delays. Last week buses were not running through Swords the usual way and it was a right pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Some of the drivers at dublin bus are ****ing useless, lazy and rude anyway... I've seen many of them yapping amongst themselves in the manor instead of following their timetables. I am really sick of them. They are so so rude, But for me if you behave like that to me, i will definetely treat you the same. So no good morning and no thanks... They doesn't deserve it anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

I completely agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Indeed, but Dublin Bus had plans to expand the service in Swords using some of the buses purchased in 2006 for a high frequency route 141, which would have bypassed the Airport, operating direct via the Swords Road through Drumcondra and the city centre to Rathmines.

Unfortunately it was vetoed by the Department of Transport as they felt it would be unfair competition for Swords Express.

Advertisement