Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a dolls house?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

I know this might sound stupid but i'm looking for ideas of places to find a dolls house. I want to get one for my daughters birthday, i was hoping to find a nice pretty wooden one, not a plasticy one like fisher price etc. Nothing wrong with them just not what i'm looking for! Daisy and tom used to have loads but they're gone. Smyths don't really have anything suitable or mothercare. Ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have you tried the early learning centre?
    http://www.elc.co.uk

http://www.woodentoys.ie

and of course e-bay is always worth a look too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

I know someone who got one on ebay only a week ago...furniture and all. No harm in looking again.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

I found one in Smyths early this year...took ages to find tho and it is quite small and uncomplicated.
    What age is it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Saw one in Avoca, Rathcoole recently. Nice old fashioned style too.

Didn't see the price, but horribly expensive, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Isn't there a boards poster who has a link to his website in his dig. They do wooden toys. I looked at the site before and they have beautiful dolls houses (as far as I remeber). I can't remember the posters name though.

There's also a toy shop on Dawson street in Dublin ( I think it's Dawson street - I left Dublin 5 months ago and I'm already forgetting the names of streets!). It;s the street opposite the nassau street entrance to trinity. With Hodges Figgis and Waterstones. Anyway, there's a lovely kids shop about half way up the street with dolls houses.

EDIT: Poster was Dillon, maybe? I'm not quite sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Thanks guys. Went to smyths and they said they didn't have anything other than character dolls houses like bratz and barbie. My daughter is turning two so it was to be her present but i think i'll give up and go with something else. ELC had one rose cottage 120 euro with no furniture or dolls etc so it was working out a bit pricey. I'm going to head to toymaster and avoca today. Thanks lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Yes, I heard www.woodentoys.ie do some lovely stuff. Chuckle chuckle :-)

Afilliated obviously.

We do most of the stuff you'll find in Avoca, but way cheaper. We also have houses with furniture included for €108. See here and here.

If you'd be interested in a boardie discount... shoot me a pm :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Minaloushe

You can get wooden dolls houses WITH furniture for cheaper than that! No need to pay through the nose...

How about this?

http://www.woodentoys.ie/first-dream-house-furniture-included-h136-p-396.html

Or this?

http://www.woodentoys.ie/little-house-with-furniture-pintoy-04541-p-46.html

Thanks for that dillon, i'll have a look in avoca and see if i can see anything you're selling and pm you. To be honest i think now that what i was hoping to get for my budget is looking a bit unrealistic so i might resort to a different present.

edit-were some of these sold in daisy and tom as well? The daisy cottage looks very familiar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 daveyb

Have you tried http://dollshouse.ie/ in Carrigaline, Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,864 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There is a place on Georges street in Dublin, near the Diwali restaurant, that do some very high quality looking Doll's houses. Remeber seeing the palce while waiting for a group of freinds to head for a meal in Diwali.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Dolls hospital?

Haven't been to the dolls hospital but i was in avoca yesterday and they do the same houses as woodentoys.ie There was a gorgeous manor house but a bit big for me which was 170 in avoca and 132 in wooden toys so they're a good deal cheaper!!!

edit>dolls house.ie seems pricey, their price range looked like it was between 180-350!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

If you're anywhere near the blanchardstown centre there's a shop in the retail park called 'What' which has some wooden dolls houses in the window, i don't know how much they are etc but it might be worth a look? It's not an expensive shop anyway so you might get lucky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

ebay, thats my answer to everything lol.

Advertisement