Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Breakers?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of somewhere I can scrap my old Suzuki Swift? I've a friend who wants a couple of bits from her, but other than that she's just gonna be rusting quietly at the side of my house, a waste I'd hate to see. I might be able to get her driving to get her there, but it's not guaranteed, so the closer the better.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's a place on the Curragh (past Molly Fultons), across from the NCT center. They recycle cars. They had a serious fire a few months back, but I think they're still in business. Willie Tighe owns it.
    Other than that, there's loads of breakers, but further away from town (Tubbercurry, Grange, Kinlough).

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

the one in kinlough that "il gatto" mentioned
    is erin metal recyclers,they also run the
    scrap yard at the deepwater harbour,
    give them a call first,pretty sure they take
    drive in's but they also collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Ooooh, if they could collect it'd be great, I'll give them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There was a guy advertising in the Post or the Weekender a few weeks back - I took down his number coz I've an old Seat needs movin' (but as it's in a private car park, I'm not in too much of a hurry!). He collects & also provides End of Life Certificates (presumably JUST for the car - I don't think he kills you too, though having never met the dude, I can't be 100% sure.. if we don't hear back from you in 2 months, we'll send the Guards 'round). Anyhow, his name's Barry & his number is 087-xxxxxxx. Not sure if I'm supposed to give out other people's telephone numbers in the forum, but as he already stuck it in the newspaper, I doubt it's a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I agree starbelgrade, he already put it in the newspaper....

but there might be people trolling forums for mobiles so I'll edit it out and you can pm it to the person in question. I don't know how likely that is, but it's a hell of a lot easier to search for mobile numbers for whatever purpose on the internet than through a local paper which potentially has a readership of 3 (Post)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Thanks starbelgrade. Can you text me his number? And in case I survive his End Of Life certs, what kind of Seat have you? I've a Cordoba that could do with some bits........

Yeah - it's a Cordova too. There's a new enough starter in it & yr welcome to any other bits you wanna pull out of it. I'll PM you my number & yer mans now.

BTW Xiney, is that the official readership figures for the Post? I think it looks a tad high!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Xiney wrote: »
    but there might be people trolling forums for mobiles so I'll edit it out

Pfft.

...the telly it is so....:(

I haven't seen the telly in ages - if it wasn't for the fact that the soaps are on every evening & repeats of Sex & the City every night, then I might get a look in. Thank f*ck RTE2 show the footie online & that Dexter was on on a Sunday at 10pm, that's all I can say.

Now, back on topic.. anyone want some spare parts off a Seat Cordova, coz I'm trying to get Fozzle into a bidding war!

Advertisement