Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Auto part procurement

Options
  • 24-09-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My Car has been diagnosed with a faulty "Front Lambda Probe"
    The Garage said that this part would cost €180.
    Is this an accurate price?
    Is there anywhere online that a private individual (not trade) can get such parts for less?

the car in question is a 01 Skoda fabia.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Hi All

My Car has been diagnosed with a faulty "Front Lambda Probe"
    The Garage said that this part would cost €180.
    Is this an accurate price?
    Is there anywhere online that a private individual (not trade) can get such parts for less?

the car in question is a 01 Skoda fabia.

Many thanks

Nope, and if there was, the garage would probably tell you to fit it yourself. That's how much your part is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What your recommending there are spurious universal type parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Would you bring your own steak to a restaurant and ask them to cook it for you ??? same scenario !!!

Would you bring your own steak to a restaurant and ask them to cook it for you ??? same scenario !!!

Don't get me started!!! I've managed to stay off me soapbox for a while now!

:D:mad::D:mad::D

• Advertisement

Darragh29 wrote: »
    What your recommending there are spurious universal type parts...

They can supply direct fit components as well.

They can supply direct fit components as well.

What's a direct fit component? Do they supply OEM components? At the end of the day, the price the OP has is at the bottom of the scale when it comes to vehicle maintenance, don't see the problem with this price to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

OEM

Darragh29 wrote: »
    What's a direct fit component? Do they supply OEM components? At the end of the day, the price the OP has is at the bottom of the scale when it comes to vehicle maintenance, don't see the problem with this price to be honest.

Yeah, they can supply oem or spurious components, depending on what you want to spend.

If you wanna go and spend €180 euro without shopping around, that's your choice - the op asked a question, I answered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OT but has anyone bought from eurocarparts lately?

I've been trying to order new discs and pads for my Xantia but I can only get as far as to enter the card details then get a "page cannot be displayed" error when I click go.
    Thought it might be my computer but just got the gf to try on hers and got the same issue.

• Advertisement

Try ringing them up?

I've noticed a few items on gsf are cheaper - did you try them?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I've noticed a few items on gsf are cheaper - did you try them?

Yeah I've used GSF a few times. Very handy just being able to head up to parkwest and buy over the counter. Prices seem to be a fair bit higher here than the stg prices on the site though.

What do you expect though - you're gonna pay more here anyway!

Advertisement