Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector Phone...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Even if legit (I've not really looked into whether it is or not but always tent to go with the no side until proven otherwise when it comes to things like this) - it's bloody expensive!

Nice feature in a phone though ... wouldn't have been top of my list (or even on it as a possibility until now) but now you have me wanting to see what else I can find :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

the tech is legit. I've seen toshibas prototypes at IFA back in 2007.
    As to quality of this model... your guess is as good as mine, but seeing as it appears to be the first commerically available product of this type (toshiba et al are still a ways off commerical options) its
    a)actually cheap for what it is
    b)probably pure ****e

However, where do all these chips come from in the first place? you guessed it.
    So the projector chip itself may not be all that bad (relatively speaking) despite being a first model, though at 50+/- lumens you would need to be in a seriously dark room to see much detail on the projected image and I bet it guzzles battery and can't focus worth a damn.
    Its the rest of the phone being plastic pants that would steer me away.
    I'm almost tempted but I'll wait to see some real user opinions (if they materialize at all on some far flung asian sites) to see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Random wrote: »

Nice feature in a phone though ... wouldn't have been top of my list (or even on it as a possibility until now) but now you have me wanting to see what else I can find :)

Welcome to the future;)
    http://brainsells.blogspot.com/2007/04/3d-holograms-on-your-mobile-phone_18.html

Advertisement