Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is amazing... you have to try it!

• 24-09-2008 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Mars Bar Cheesecake
    Ingredients;

250g chocolte degistive biscuits
    150g butter (melted)
    2 tablespoons (tbsp) brown sugar
    20g butter, extra
    300ml double cream (or normal cream, doesnt really matter)
    50g milk chocolate, finely chopped
    3 teaspoons (tsp) gelatine
    1/4 cup (60ml) water
    2x250g packets of philadelphia cheese
    1/2 cup (110g) sugar (caster or granulated)
    3x60g Mars bars, chopped

1. Smash bisuits in an airtight bag using a rolling pin, untill they look like fie breadcrums. Add melted butter, mix untill well combined. Then press the biscuit mixture evenly over the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin (or any suitable deep tin), cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge untill its firm.

2. Meanwhile, mix the brown sugar, extra butter and 2 tbsp of the cream in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves, this is to make butterscotch sauce.

3. Mix the chocolate and another 2 tbsp of the cream in another small saucepan, stir over a low heat untill the chocolate melts.

4. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug, stand the jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir untill gelatine dissolves; then cool for 5 minutes.

5. Beat the cheese and sugar in a medium sized bowl with an electric mixer untill it is smooth. Beat the reamining cream in a smaller bowl with an electric mixer untill you get soft peaks with the cream. Stir the slightly warm gelatine mixture into the cheese mixture with Mars bars. Then fold in the cream.

6. Pour half of the cheese mixture into the biscuit lined tin, drizzle half of the butterscotch sauce and half of the chocolate sauce over the cheese mixture. Then pour the rest of the cheese mixture on top of that and then the rest of the butterscotch sauce and the rest of the chocolate sauce to top it off. You can run a skewer through the top layer of sauce to create a marble effect.
    Cover the cheesecake with clingfilm and put in the fridge for about three hours or untill its set.

serves roughly 8 people, give or take.

TIP!; Because it takes so long to refridgerate its a good idea to make this the day before you want to serve it.

This recepie requires a bit of effort, but oh my god, its so worth it. (if its done right, of course!)
    hope you enjoy it if you make it, feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I had something like this 3 weeks back, a toblerone cheesecake, I be honest though it didnt taste very toberlone-y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭blue_belle

yeah, i made a toblerone mousee a while ago, there was nothing special about it, should have just used normal chocolate. it had a lovely texture, but yeah didnt taste very tobleroney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

It's a very rich cheesecake for 8 people, you could also portion it for 12-16 and it's sufficient. I've made it before, it's very indulgent but oh so good!

In fact, that recipe is from an awesome Australian Women's Weekly book, Wicked Sweet Indulgences. You can get it for around €9 in Eason's, it has some really great recipes in it: fig and brioche pudding, chocolate butterscotch cake, margherita mousse, pistachio shortbread mounds, mmm :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭blue_belle

yeah, its a great book, this has to be my favourite recepie from it, i just had to share it. everyone should get to taste this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Heidi27

Fantastic recipe. I got it three years ago and made the cake for my son's Halloween Party. It was a great hit. Then I lost the recipe :(. Thanks for helping me find it again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Missed this thread first time round, been making this for a while and agree it's gorgeous, I got it from the Masterfoods website, lots of other nice recipes on it http://www.masterfoods.com.au/recipes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

SOmething a bit simpler, get some biccies and mix with peanut butter and squash into a small container, top with melted choc and pop in fridge for a wee while,

very scrummy, if ya have a sweet craving that'll sort ya out.

Advertisement