Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend some photoshop books for someone who wants to tinker with logos?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I'd like to be able to tinker with some of my logos so they can have a Christmas feel, or a Halloween feel, etc., depending on the occassion. This would be similar to the stuff Google does with their logo.

Can any of you recommend some photoshop books which will teach me how to do that sort of stuff?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You'd nearly be better off looking at tutorials online as some are quite good. A book might be too general for such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Illustrator is a much better tool than Photoshop for that.

Though really, the skills you need are drawing skills rather than any specific software skills. Learning to draw better would be the main thing to do. Otherwise, if you're really determined, look throguh the archives of www.psdtuts.com or www.vectortuts.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thank you both for your replies.

The type of logos I am interested in doing are these sort of things:

http://www.staff.ie/zebras/

I know it's probably hard (or impossible!) to tell, but do they look like something which would be done in illustrator?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

The could have been done in Illustrator, Photoshop or Fireworks. They're not all that great, but the key skill to create those is drawing ability and being able to use some software. Which particular software isn't particularly relevant.

Advertisement