Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Dictators - Comreg Cowards or Partners?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

As we all know (well most of us) Comreg is one of the reasons why we have third-world broadband in Ireland.
    They have time and time promiced that they will break up the monolopy of our telecomunications network.
    They have failed dismally.

On the issue of LLU,
    'When ComReg in June suggested changes in the cost of shared LLU, Eircom’s legal challenge saw the move shelved. Financial costs, the burden of resources and the length of time a court case would take were cited by ComReg as the reasons it wouldn’t fight an appeal by Eircom against its decision to reduce LLU wholesale prices'

Quinn (of smart) has now bypassed Comreg and gone direct to Europe...

See the full report here: http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/11451/comms/frustrated-telco-goes-to-the-eu

Boo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cheers but old news, was posted last week sometime.

MC

COMREG: Worlds most useless body?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Oh sorry Munster; Musta missed it. Thanks.

Anyway for anyone who missed it (like me), they can see what there txes are going to.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Ah ComReg *sigh*!
    I made a formal complaint about UTV speeds to ComReg and and attached the email I'd sent to UTV outlining my case. A generic response followed, indicating a wait of 10 days was necesary, and when I emailed again I was sent a standard letter telling me that UTV, as my ISP, were responsible for rectifying any problems I had with my service.
    So ComReg then kindly 'escalated' my complaint to UTV by re-sending them the email I'd already sent.
    What a service! :eek:

Let's hear it for ComReg email re-cycling and Eircom's re-sellers!

Advertisement