Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parrot Bluetooth - VW compatible

Options
  • 24-09-2008 7:00pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if these seems like a strange thread but I want to get a bluetooth device for the car and from similar threads I reckon the parrot device is the best on the market.

I did some research and made a few calls. A VW garage told me they have one that is easier to fit as it designed for VW's? However, it costs over 200 Euro exc VAT :eek: . The other model they have is apparantely harder to fit and costs 150 exc VAT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what are the total costs including installation?

Parrot kit should be easy to fit provided they use the correct wiring adaptor.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Never mentioned installation costs. I have someone who would do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Sorry if these seems like a strange thread but I want to get a bluetooth device for the car and from similar threads I reckon the parrot device is the best on the market.

I did some research and made a few calls. A VW garage told me they have one that is easier to fit as it designed for VW's? However, it costs over 200 Euro exc VAT :eek: . The other model they have is apparantely harder to fit and costs 150 exc VAT.

If your anywhere close to NI border look at Halfords.
    Parrot CK 3000 £79.99 installed

Parrot MK6100£129.99 installed

You may have to pay for extra lead, depending on whether you car radio has iso connections. If its pretty new car without additional amp you should be ok.

If your mobile support A2DP go for the MK6100 as you stream the music on phone through your car speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I use a CK3100 and it works nicely in a mondeo. You were quoted (I hope) for the fully integrated version. You can get the kit with it's own speaker but it is better to get it installed to your car speakers. This requires a sepearate loom not normally supplied (check parrot website for your car). Typical charge is about 200. The parrots have better phone compatibiity than the nokia ones and are upgradeable if your new phone does not integrate fully. Stay away from the colour one the CK3200 as it has a high failure rate (3 in 6 cars in the company) and it looks too big on the dash. Loads of people installing these. Shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

I've fitted two Parrot kits to VW's, they are simple to install as long as you have the required wiring kit, depending on what model you are fitting it to, you need to take 12 volt supply from the cigarette lighter in order for the unit to power off properly when you turn the car off.

See the following link:

http://www.expansys.ie/a.aspx?i=168539

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah go with the parrot.
    I have the MK6100 on my Honda Accord and have installed the CK3100 on my girlfriends MKIV Golf, it had a pioneer head unit,so it was just plug and play and one wire snip and join for the mute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cabinpac

We can supply and install a Parrot CK3100 for €220 inc. any loom required. or a MK6100 for €240 inc. any loom required and you don't have to travel North as we do mobile installation in Dublin, Meath & North Kildare or you can come to our workshop 10 mins from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cork4ever

Have 2 CK3100, one in a 306 and one in a VW Sharan, great job, the VW did need an extra cable to get it to work and few snips of the wiring to bypass the always on power but i couldn't complain about them

I had one problem with the 306 where by the memory was full, a friend of mine told me to switch the 2 white pencil like fuses that are part of the radio wiring and it fixed it no problem

So all in all they are worth it, i don't know how many times i have left my phone in my gear bag after training and the kit still picks it up even when its in the boot.

One word of warning, don't know if this is an urban legend but they story goes that a fella got out a car to answer the phone while the car was still running and his Mrs in the car, phone call was from the bit on the side and the whole conversation was relayed on the hand free as he was in range, Mrs heard the whole thing and left with the car don't know if its true but it could happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Cork4ever wrote: »
    One word of warning, don't know if this is an urban legend but they story goes that a fella got out a car to answer the phone while the car was still running and his Mrs in the car, phone call was from the bit on the side and the whole conversation was relayed on the hand free as he was in range, Mrs heard the whole thing and left with the car don't know if its true but it could happen

My kit is either one or the other. If you are in hands free the phone is not active and vice versa. I believe it is like this to prevent feedback (and the missus hearing conversations).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Cork4ever wrote: »

I put a Parrot 3200 into my golf and they are great. If you get out of the car with the car on the unit stays connected and it will relay everything back into the car. the range is around 5 meters or so around the car. I have mine paired with an n95 which is ok but my n73 worked much better with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

billbond4 wrote: »
    Yeah go with the parrot.
    I have the MK6100 on my Honda Accord and have installed the CK3100 on my girlfriends MKIV Golf, it had a pioneer head unit,so it was just plug and play and one wire snip and join for the mute.

Didn't even need to connect the mute. The relay box on the CK3100 cuts the sound coming from the radio anyways =]

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OT but why are manufacturers not fitting BT kits as standard at this stage (chuck €200 on list prices across the range).I would consider it a fairly important bit of safety kit at this stage.

I cant believe the amount of people I come across in new and nearly new high end cars with a phone to their ear. I have had a bt kit in all my cars bar my first and it's the first thing that goes in when I change (I have used the same kit in the last few cars, I just take it out and reinstall in the new car), never mind if I was speccing up a brand new E/S class.

see at least 1 taxi driver a day aswell talking on their phone, thats just beyond ridiculous. For the amount of time they spend in the car a kit should be compulsory.

MY kit is a SE HCB-700. Have the same kit in my Dads and the missus car.

Advertisement