Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost items covered by travel insurance?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey all,

On holidays at the mo and all's been going well up until earlier on today when my wife mislaid her handbag. We've searched high up and low down and gone bag to all the shops and restaurants we had been in, no sign of the bag anywhere though, we think she left it behind in a taxi earlier on today.

Luckily we took out travel insurance, but tbh I've never had to make a claim before and I'm not even sure if losing an item is even covered? And yes, yes I know what you're thinking, "read the small print and policy details" and we have.. numerous times, it's very vague though. We do have cover for lost items, not sure if this just applies to lost luggage at the airport, or lost items as in left behind on buses/taxi's etc..

Anyone have any experience in this? Would we just be wasting our time trying to claim for something like this, or is this exactly the type of thing travel insurance should cover for you?

It's nothing too major, just a pair of sunglasses and an mp3 player and small amount of cash, so not a huge deal, would be nice to know if we could replace them while we're away tho.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Generally travel insurance covers you for all the time you are away, not just at the airport etc.

Unfortunately, the only people who can answer you definitively are your insurance company. There should be a helpline number on your policy :)

Advertisement