Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charter - Please *READ* Before Posting. Update 18/11/11

Options
  • 24-09-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, here's the first rev of the charter.

Any feedback on it, please PM me.

Keep it civil

Usual Boards.ie rules, no trolling, flaming, trying to get a rise out of people. I am not saying that this is the internet, therefore is Serious Business, but please keep it civil.

No discussion of anything illegal

Software, DVDs, music, drugs, downloads, pictures, anything. If it ain't legal, it has no place here.

A special word on Staff

As some of you may know, your humble moderator used to work at ITB. Obviously, I know a good few members of staff personally. Quite simply, I will not tolerate either the naming of, or verbal assault on, any member of staff. By all means discuss problems and ask for suggestions, but keep names out of the discussion.

Problem with posts/posters

If you have a problem with a post or a poster, use the Report Post button (the little red triangle) and let the moderators deal with it. Back seat moderating is not what we do.

Edit by KonFusion 18/11/11:

Advertising

Commercial advertising is strictly prohibited.
    All other non-commercial advertising shall be at the discretion of the moderators.

Spamming

Pointless or nonsensical posts will be deleted.
    Multiple posts on the same topic will be merged/deleted if deemed necessary.
    All topics should relate to ITB or affect ITB students in some significant way.

Moderators’ decisions are final

If you have a problem with a moderators' decision, please take it up via PM. No on-thread arguing.

General Guidelines:

The ITB firewalls are there for a reason. Do NOT ask for ways around it or the thread will be locked/deleted.

No users personal email address or phone number should be posted, keep it to PMs. If this is done by another user with malicious intent the user shall be banned.

If you have a problem with a post, use the “Report A Post” feature to let the mods know. Do not respond to the post in question.

Not reading the charter is against the rules.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Just a quick note for first years/new posters:

Please run a search ("search this forum", located under the log out button near the top right of your screen) before you start a new thread. As a thread on the topic you're looking for may already exist. This helps free the forum for clutter and stops the splitting of discussions.

This especially applies to threads like:
    "Is this course good?"
    "Has anyone done this course?"
    "Can I get feedback on X course?"
    "What is ITB like?"
    "Is anyone studying X?"
    etc.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement