Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulse Security - Trouble

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TONY T

Fionnanc wrote: »
    I believe the word you are trying to find is sarcasm, Beavis

Drunk students actinhg the maggot got their bottle took off them big deal. Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mick T

ha ha:D

TONY T wrote: »
    Drunk students actinhg the maggot got their bottle took off them big deal. Grow up.

a round of applause please! well said well said!

jim o doom wrote: »
    You are entirely correct in that manner - I've about 2 years to go to black belt, mind I am not saying I would suddenly attack some security gards that were giving me crap, on the other hand, if someone had their hands on me in any fashion (and when I mean any fashion I mean they are attacking me), regardless of race creed or colour im going to take that person down.In my favour im 14 stone, angry as a shaved badger & fairly quick.The best way is explode & then run like almighty hell from whatever damage you've just done. But I'm not suggesting attacking any sort of securit personnel ever, I am talking about defending yourself from an attacker, regardless of the fact that they are security or not. Who is to say these security types arn't going to try and injure you if you act in a pacific fashion? clearly these boys with their corked bottle of wine were basically "jumped" by two grown men.Go for the knee then leg it.

just off topic a bit jim, but what are you training in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

No, irony will do just fine. That or bad spelling. And I'm not Beavis, that's just my avatar ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Mick-T - Ed Parkers Kenpo under Shay McNamee, it's great fun, hard work and practical as all hell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

*Sigh*
    Read OP please. We were sober and not acting like 'maggots'.

What is the deal with all the new first time posters in this thread as well? I wouldn't be surprised if people like Fionnanc and Mick T are multi-accounting just to stir things up. I would only really listen to people with a decent amount of posts rather than someone who has created an account specifically to talk sh*t in this thread IMO.

Mick T and Tony T.....related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Right, if I see one more piece of childish bitching in this thread, I'm going to ban the poster responsible. Everyone reading or having posted in this thread may consider this a warning.

I agree with only 2 words of tony Ts post - Grow Up. And it ain't applied to the OP.

MuddyDog wrote: »
    *Sigh*

What is the deal with all the new first time posters in this thread as well? I wouldn't be surprised if people like Fionnanc and Mick T are multi-accounting just to stir things up. I would only really listen to people with a decent amount of posts rather than someone who has created an account specifically to talk sh*t in this thread IMO.

ah muddy dog youve gone and got all aggressive on us! was this what happened when you were asked to hand over your bottle of wine? :)im not here to stir things up mate, but just like in all aspects of life not everyone is going to agree with what your saying is right, you should report this if it really matters to you, i wish you the best with it! im not related to anyone on here , well not that i know of ? ha ha
    im always posting on the selfdefence and martial arts forum! no joke intended! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TONY T

MuddyDog wrote: »
    *Sigh*

Seriously - You got a few scratches and deserved too for making a laugh of the guys. Now change your perception into theirs - You counld have been a scumbag with mates from Stillorgan etc etc or even bray and potentially had a bottle to stick into some model student and all the fellow students say where was the security???

• Advertisement

jim o doom wrote: »
    Mick-T - Ed Parkers Kenpo under Shay McNamee, it's great fun, hard work and practical as all hell ;)

sorry dont mean to hijack the thread on the off topic!

cool is that on campus, iv been training mma for a while now, trained in lots of other martial arts, would try it out some time if it was on campus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Mick T wrote: »
    sorry dont mean to hijack the thread on the off topic!

cool is that on campus, iv been training mma for a while now, trained in lots of other martial arts, would try it out some time if it was on campus!

It ain't on campus I'm afraid; I posted because I hate people abusing their positions of power.He runs classes in town, beside store st gardai station, he's a 7th Dan black belt & trained with ed parker. If your'e interested PM me and I can give you a number to ring. It's not flashy at all, not much high kicking or anything, it's a street fighting martial art. vicious as hell, some of the stuff you learn, personally I wouldn't be willing to do to anyone because it's too nasty :pFun though, and once you get a few belts up it's very intuitive.Sorry for the off topic posting mods!

Seriously - You got a few scratches and deserved too for making a laugh of the guys. Now change your perception into theirs - You counld have been a scumbag with mates from Stillorgan etc etc or even bray and potentially had a bottle to stick into some model student and all the fellow students say where was the security???
    The mind boggles. The OP did not deserve what he got, he has already daid that he was not acting the maggot and we have to take his word for it. What has being from Stillorgan or Bray got to do with anything? You might want to read Raphael's post

There's an article about this on the front of this week's College Tribune.....seems there have been dozens of complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

If you read it, there have in fact been two actual complaints and a lot of anonymous griping to the SU president... I'd love to know what the Gardai are investigating though. Related to this thread perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    If you read it, there have in fact been two actual complaints and a lot of anonymous griping to the SU president... I'd love to know what the Gardai are investigating though. Related to this thread perhaps?

It's in the first paragraph;

"Gardai have launched an investigation into an alleged assault....in which it is understood a member of security reportedly attacked a prominent student society figure."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I am not a lawyer, but as far as i know security services on campus have no powers to detain, search or touch you in any way. They may request your student card or ask you to leave, but in reality they have no way of enforcing this. As it is private property, they may call the police.

The only situation they may touch you is in self defence, and only using reasonable force.

Additionally, you'll notice they are called "Services". Don't feel intimated if you are in the right; the security staff are there for your protection and that is the service which they should provide, professionally and courteously. At the same time, they should be respected and complied with as far as reasonably possible, as should the campus regulations.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

And how many of these complaints didn't involve services invoking the rules on drinking? Why should some rules be selectively ignored... if the rules are wrong then the rules should be changed I think.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's in the first paragraph;

"Gardai have launched an investigation into an alleged assault....in which it is understood a member of security reportedly attacked a prominent student society figure."

I don't know who MuddyDog is, let alone whether or not he's a 'prominent student society member' plus the article said two investigations. MD never said whether or not he'd reported the incident to the gardai, so I was speculating as to whether the piece you quoted was referring to the incident being discussed on this thread...

I take it you are saying it is the same then?

@Red Alert: Based on the Trib article, I'd be more worried about the complaints about inappropriate behaviour from them than the ones involving enforcement of the rules on drinking... The rules haven't changed significantly, but for the first time they are being enforced and there are consequences e.g. fines etc. Doesn't excuse what happened to MD if his account is accurate though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't know who MuddyDog is, let alone whether or not he's a 'prominent student society member' plus the article said two investigations. MD never said whether or not he'd reported the incident to the gardai, so I was speculating as to whether the piece you quoted was referring to the incident being discussed on this thread...

I take it you are saying it is the same then?

@Red Alert: Based on the Trib article, I'd be more worried about the complaints about inappropriate behaviour from them than the ones involving enforcement of the rules on drinking... The rules haven't changed significantly, but for the first time they are being enforced and there are consequences e.g. fines etc. Doesn't excuse what happened to MD if his account is accurate though...

Nope, not saying that it is the same incident. You said that you wondered what the gardai are investigating and I merely pointed out what they are investigating according to the Tribune.

Beats me though what the second incident is........

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I misunderstood your post so, apologies.

Advertisement