Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOLAN FRAMES/BIKES

Options
  • 24-09-2008 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

has any one got a Dolan frame or bike, I've been looking at the bottom of the range CS (Alu-carbon). I can't find any reviews of the frame or others similar.

I'd like some info as I'm not sure I want to fork out 500e on a frame I know nothing about.

Cheers.....:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

Maybe not the most valuable input but that picture looks like it just came from the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Can't help you out with the bike/frame in question but I do have the hercules SE I'd recommend it to anyone if it's an option to go for. As for Dolans in general - they're good, it's a small company but there is no question over the quality of their rigs. Many of the team GB olympic track medals were won on Dolans this year, Pezula racing have been using them for the last few years and neither group would have been taking it easy on them either!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Mate of mine has a Dolan Hercules too and its a cracking bike, I think they have a very good reputation so no worries there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

They make 80 years olds fly apparently.....

Good on ya Denis

http://www.midshropshirewheelers.com/midz_photogallery_dennismilsom1.asp

Murph

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Dennis Milsom has since gone under the hour recording a 59:15 time over 25 miles- I posted this on another thread here. Unquestionably it's the Dolan!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'd rather think that it's the legs on the guy propelling the bike. Training. Most race bikes are of a good quality these days.
    Put a good rider on an average bike and he'll do a good ride.

(I know it's nice to have the latest technology aswell, bling effect!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

I've had two dolans over the years and think they're top class, raced one of them for a full season and don't think I got so much as a puncture - they're very well built.

14 years on I'm still using the 2nd one, having sold the first, I've done cycles to Cork on it, bro uses it for commute, I use it on the turbo, just goes and goes. Also my mate has one at the mo and 10 years on its going strong, even survived a serious bashing when it went into a low clearance sign at a toll bridge while on the roof rack of his car! and he crashed it into a car door during a race years ago - moral of the story: they're awesome, and my mates a retard haha!

I reckon if you're not getting a top end frame then Dolan is the best / only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

blorg wrote: »
    Dennis Milsom has since gone under the hour recording a 59:15 time over 25 miles- I posted this on another thread here. Unquestionably it's the Dolan!

Yeah Blorg, was reading that, that guy is something else !!!

Murph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Eoin D wrote: »
    Maybe not the most valuable input but that picture looks like it just came from the 80s

It really does!

Forget about a new bike, where can I get a cool retro camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

I bought a Dolan Hercules SE last week. Got it worldwide cycles in Clonmel. Full bike built on Ultegra SL groupset, Mavic Aksium wheelset, on special offer for €1,800. I'm really delighted with it, fabulous bike. Guys in Worldwide great to deal with too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

I bought a Dolan Hercules SE last week. Got it worldwide cycles in Clonmel. Full bike built on Ultegra SL groupset, Mavic Aksium wheelset, on special offer for €1,800. I'm really delighted with it, fabulous bike. Guys in Worldwide great to deal with too.

Also have one of the above mentioned badboys....its the sh!t!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

BUY A DOLAN HERCULES SE - You will not regret it.
    I have 1000km on my new one and it is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden.
    New Ultegra SL ( which is hard to source ) and Mavic Aksium bomb proof wheels.
    Best €1,800 you will ever spend
    Got mine in Nigels Cycles in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Gotta agree with Anzer, SACH and Needabike here - that Hercules SE deal was actually a genuine deal. Impossible to beat for the money.

I know the offer is now 'officially' over but if anyone's interested in going for one I know of one shop that still has 3 bikes (S,M & L) bought during the period that will go for the deal price. PM if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lewmclew

I know the picture was a bit of a throw-back.

The HERCULES is a little beyond what I need, I'm more a mtb'r wanting a nice road bike for weekend rides.

thanks for all the feedback..... any good clubs to join for weekend rides, nothing to serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There are Boards spins every weekend, nothing too serious. Generally starting around 10am from Harold's Cross, 10.15am Dundrum, heading up the mountains for 120km or so (many drop off before this.)

Advertisement