Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you make of the student center ?

• 24-09-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Well let us hear your views.

It took so long to make

ran into millions over the budget

practically crippled the college

and it leaks when it rains

Also has anyone seen those 2 story high double doors in there and the support pillar that blocks a door by the SU????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

It's ****

its filled with skangers and secondary school kids

for some reason the scum of the college tends to hang out there

it smells (like the rest of the college)

i got rained on in there before. was it because I lied when i was 17?

its always cold there

they should have built it underground and had a real fireplace.

you know with flames and stuff burning in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

lovely looking building from the outside. but the most expensive waste of space i have ever seen.

you raise a very good point about the being rained on - what exactly was the plan behind putting big holes in the ceiling?? i'm no architect, so could someone enlighten me please??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 John1984

That huge open space is such a waste used like one time a year. also you can go skating with your shoes if the floor is wet as its as slippery as ice when wet learned that the hard way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It sickens me to look at that building and the space it is wasting when I'm stuck out in PF52 every bloody class. Its either too cold in the mornings or too warm in the evenings. You must kick the radiators to get them working. Then when they do work, they won't stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Has the bar gone in there yet? Oh and why oh why did they move the banks over there?? :( Running from the F Block to the ATM in the new Student Centre in the lashing rain is crazy.

It's a good use of space for graduations instead of the atrium and sports and socs day instead of the info area and the "gigs" for freshers and rag week and that's probably about it...

It does look pretty from the outside though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 John1984

they decided the bar would be too much of a risk because of engineering students . if they went to class drunk they could get hurt

my idea was only open it for food during the day and after 6pm allow alcohol to be served there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

John1984 wrote: »
    they decided the bar would be too much of a risk because of engineering students . if they went to class drunk they could get hurt

my idea was only open it for food during the day and after 6pm allow alcohol to be served there

or they could write a big X on the hands of every engineering student when they come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Oh for f*cks sake... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The bar was suppose to be open when I was in first year. It's a joke that its not been opened.

CIT is a joke of a college they have brilliant lecturers and courses but the management are ridiculous, the fact theres no park and ride shows this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hattrick

Not exactly true - although risks were discussed no decisions were ever made regarding them. The sole reason at present the bar isn#t open is bacause they do not have the money to finish it. I heard they need around 300k to finish it which they dont have at present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

according to the SU, the main problem with the bar is the issue of ownership. the SU have offered to cash, but the college don't want them holding sole responsibility for the bar.

it's been discussed time and again at general and rep meetings. the situation with the bar is this; it will either happen in the common room by September under a sports club license, management yet to be decided, or it won't happen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

Aspiration wrote: »
    Has the bar gone in there yet? Oh and why oh why did they move the banks over there?? :( Running from the F Block to the ATM in the new Student Centre in the lashing rain is crazy.

It's a good use of space for graduations instead of the atrium and sports and socs day instead of the info area and the "gigs" for freshers and rag week and that's probably about it...

It does look pretty from the outside though...

cutting down to 2 atms in the entire college was a great idea in fairness

joulter wrote: »
    cutting down to 2 atms in the entire college was a great idea in fairness
    Wasn't there ever only two ATMs, both opposite ends of C corridor. They really should have left them there and extend with the ones in the student center rather than taking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Wasn't there ever only two ATMs, both opposite ends of C corridor. They really should have left them there and extend with the ones in the student center rather than taking them.

yeah its a bit annoying having to walk over to the student centre. I mean its not really that far but it would be handy if they had the small one thats inside the Bank of ireland branch maybe in/beside the shop near the canteen

suppafly wrote: »
    yeah its a bit annoying having to walk over to the student centre. I mean its not really that far but it would be handy if they had the small one thats inside the Bank of ireland branch maybe in/beside the shop near the canteen
    Oh yeah I think its a disgrace not having one on the main campus. To be honest the management dont' care - they shifted themselves over in the new building and are happy as they see an ATM in that building. They don't bother with the old side anymore, hense why the place is falling to ****. Take PF52 for example, no power/heating working since last thursday. Had to contact Jim today to get it sorted, to be fair a guy came looking straight way. The management no longer see any problems anymore since they not there.

Advertisement