Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you apply for a grant retrospectively?

• 24-09-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, I've just finished my MA - does anyone know if I can apply for a grant now? It might sound a bit stupid, but I had saved up my fees and was working nearly fulltime (in a very badly paid job) and didn't think I would be eligible. If since found out from a classmate that I definitely fall inside the cut-off point. I've been trying to contact my local grant office since last week, but they are so up the walls with this year's students that I can't get anyone to talk to me.

Has anyone been in this situation? Precedence would be a great persuader.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

not a chance,if you miss the closing date they can refuse you never mind applying for a grant after finishing college.how would they pay you a grant if not a registered student ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Are you continuing towards a phd:confused:. If so, yes, you may have been eligible for a grant. I know the closing dates have been extended for some county councils but i don't know if that is for postgrads also.

Nope the extension is for all students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

I think the key word was "retrospectively" in that she wants to get paid the grant for a course she did last year???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Priscilla Duck

Yes, I was hoping to have fees reimbursed for the course I am just about to finish. I may continue on to a PhD, but next year at the earliest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement