Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg

Options
  • 24-09-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

So, around 8.15pm I'm at the Montrose waiting for a bus, and suddenly I'm covered in egg.

Well not covered really, but somebody has driven by and chucked an egg at half a dozen people waiting for a bus.

Thankfully they can't aim for shit and completely miss, but that darn egg manages to speckle most of us, myself included. Speckle me good. Covered in teeny tiny little blobs of goo. Great. It's even on my iPod.

So I can't help but wonder, if somehow I had miraculously been gifted with the foresight to know what was about to happen, and happened to be carrying around a breeze block, would I have hesitated before putting it through the windscreen of the car and nailing one of the bastards?

I'm thinking.....

...nah.

Dickheads.

[/rant]

So, how is everybody else this evening? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I too got egged earlier.

Although it was scrambled and on toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Happened to me on Parnell street one time waiting on a bus, some guy started throwing eggs at us from his apartment three floors up..

Why is this in the college forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Because it happened at UCD, but I thinking I should have put it in after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    I too got egged earlier.

Although it was scrambled and on toast.
    I see what you did there.

Very good.

Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

throw pebbles which can scratch the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

i seen loads of egg shells and stuff on the ground this morning when i was walking from merville down to a lecture. they were just on the path by the soccer field all along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Happened to me in the same place a couple of years ago, only at the stop at the opposite side of the road. That time, too, they couldn't aim for ****, the splash only getting my shoe slightly. Probably the exact same wasters with nothing to do with their pitiful lives, and who weren't even capable of learning how to aim in that time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

You know the times when you'd be cycling along and some edgit comes up behind you and thinks it'd be hilarious to start beeping or shout something at you. I'm thinking about carrying stones around with me now to throw at their car

Or maybe I'm just a really bad cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

So, around 8.15pm I'm at the Montrose waiting for a bus, and suddenly I'm covered in egg.

Well not covered really, but somebody has driven by and chucked an egg at half a dozen people waiting for a bus.

Thankfully they can't aim for **** and completely miss, but that darn egg manages to speckle most of us, myself included. Speckle me good. Covered in teeny tiny little blobs of goo. Great. It's even on my iPod.

So I can't help but wonder, if somehow I had miraculously been gifted with the foresight to know what was about to happen, and happened to be carrying around a breeze block, would I have hesitated before putting it through the windscreen of the car and nailing one of the bastards?

I'm thinking.....

...nah.

Dickheads.

[/rant]

So, how is everybody else this evening? :(

you've been 'ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

gubbie wrote: »
    You know the times when you'd be cycling along and some edgit comes up behind you and thinks it'd be hilarious to start beeping or shout something at you. I'm thinking about carrying stones around with me now to throw at their car

Or maybe I'm just a really bad cyclist

My bike lock (one of the heavy u-shaped ones) hangs on my handle bars while I cycle for that very reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got eggs and a half full beer can thrown at me and my friend once, walking from the Fosters Ave UCD gate to the Spar offo. Was walking with my bike as my friends were on foot. The car that the missiles came from turned into UCD and I chased after it on the bike, I pelted it down all the way to the lights near the bus stop, car turned right, running the red light but then had to slow for a bus pulling out, I overtook it on the outside and smacked the driver-side rear view mirror straight off and went on my way over the GAA pitch. Best feeling ever!

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Got eggs and a half full beer can thrown at me and my friend once, walking from the Fosters Ave UCD gate to the Spar offo. Was walking with my bike as my friends were on foot. The car that the missiles came from turned into UCD and I chased after it on the bike, I pelted it down all the way to the lights near the bus stop, car turned right, running the red light but then had to slow for a bus pulling out, I overtook it on the outside and smacked the driver-side rear view mirror straight off and went on my way over the GAA pitch. Best feeling ever!

That made my day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I thought this thread was gona be about that spermy egg sculpture. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

MizzLolly wrote: »

Same here...

I'm bloody glad nobody flung that thing at me.

MizzLolly wrote: »

Looks like you got over EGG-cited

/pauses

But I'm the one stuck with EGG on my face

/runs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

BrightEyes wrote: »

/runs

Yeah, eggxactly.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

BrightEyes wrote: »

/runs
    Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    Yeah, eggxactly.

:confused:

BrightEyes and Enlil_Nick banned for a month, for crimes against humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Raphael wrote: »
    BrightEyes and Enlil_Nick banned for a month, for crimes against humour.

Thank you for not egging them on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Simona1986 wrote: »

Respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Inglorious

But was it really worth eggscommunicating them?

Inglorious wrote: »
    But was it really worth eggscommunicating them?

...wow, repeating an offence after a ban has been handed out for it. ChocolateSauce and Inglorious will also be taking a leave of abscence.

Any other takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

WHAT HAVE I DONE???

:eek::eek::eek:

It just got cold in here all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Isn't that a bit....e

Nah... :p

A bit extreme methinks.

But understandable. Punning is the lowest form of humour.

in fairness to raphael, he's just trying to make an eggsample of them!

Bit eggotistic of him.

in fairness to raphael, he's just trying to make an eggsample of them!
    Sean_K wrote: »
    Bit eggotistic of him.

*sigh*

simoonrooneyzaga and Sean_K are the next candidates for immediate eggspulsion.

Wait...

Fuck.

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote: »
    *sigh*

simoonrooneyzaga and Sean_K are the next candidates for immediate eggspulsion.

Wait...

Fuck.

what?! I really wont take it personally. I knew what was coming :D

Advertisement