Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City have new owners

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Misleading titles ftw!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

good news if thats the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Hope so. I like Cork a lot to be honest. Oh god not the county but the team. I think on form they're class to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I hope it is true. It feels like forever they've been looking for new investors.

maybe this is why danny drews bid was rejected.

anyway, bye bye arkaga. don't let the door hit you on the A**e on the way out.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wonder if they can change there money problems before license 2009 day, otherwise you'll be playing the the 1st Division.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Announcement due on Friday apparently.

Have heard alot of positives about Tom Coughlan, especially compared to other possible investors (Mulcahy/ Kean, Drew). Coughlan has already stated in an interview on a local radio station that his plan would be to put the structures in place to allow FORAS (the supporter's trust) to take the club over in about 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'm told there won't be an official announcement of this for a few days, especially that some fool decided to post it on the CCFC forum. The hilarious thing about this is the the person who is running around telling everyone "de club is saved" is probably the first head to roll, and good riddance.

I hope this comes to pass and it all does not fall apart. Nothing has been signed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So the guy bought a pub, with a football club attached?

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

mike65 wrote: »
    So the guy bought a pub, with a football club attached?

Mike
    Other way round (more or less).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Signed this evening apparently....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hope so. I like Cork a lot to be honest. Oh god not the county but the team. I think on form they're class to watch.

At the end of the day, I agree. The second city should have a football team and they bring something to the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Confirmation of the new ownership:
    The examiner in charge of Cork City has accepted an offer from millionaire hotelier and property developer Tom Coughlan to take over the Turners Cross club.
    According to reports, Coughlan wants to keep Cork City as a full-time professional outfit beyond the end of the current season.
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=34193

Advertisement