Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to pre-order GHWT?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

hey guys. looking to pre-order world tour. i know the price - that's cool. just wondering what site should i go to get it?? i'm basically looking for free delivery to ireland...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Try game.co.uk,relatively cheap p+p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 algarnz

Hi Guys,

I have just ordered mine from Zavvi - also just seen that if you go to this website:http://www.ghwt.co.uk you can enter a FREE competition to win a free copy of the full band version of the Guitar Hero World Tour game - SWWWEEETTT! Also it shows which is the best place to buy from with regards to guitar hero voucher codes etc.

Can't wait for this games release!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Pre order in Smiths and get a free bass guitar!

yep - it's all Uk and Ireland retailers I think. All the big ones seem to be offering it. On that site I listed it has a price comparison table and shows all the different prices. On all pre-orders of the full game you get the free bass guitar.

http://www.ghwt.co.uk/guitar-hero-world-tour-prices.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

does the game come with the complete band set or is that just the instruments.

• Advertisement

Game comes with full band set!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are 3 'packs' of GHWT available at launch:

1. Full band pack (game, microphone, drums, one guitar)
    2. Guitar pack (game, guitar)
    3. Game only.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What is the whole "Extra bass guitar" part for?

Like i know you can play bass, but how come some stores are giving them for free (smyths etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

What is the whole "Extra bass guitar" part for?

Like i know you can play bass, but how come some stores are giving them for free (smyths etc)

Standalone guitars were released after the release of Guitar Hero 3. They'll be fully compatible, but won't have all the functionality for GHWT, the guitars for GHWT will have sliding notes giving you the ability to bend the string.

So in order to get shot of all these leftover GH3 guitars, they're being given away to be used as a bass guitar.

After all, who the hell is nuts to try and bend the strings on a bass? ;)
    Oh wait... don't answer that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Any chance some retailers would sell this tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 XpenguinX

where is the best place in dublin to pre order guitar hero world tour??
    Does anyone know the cheapest price the full package is going for??
    I was looking in the new Argus catalogue and it sold the game serperatly from the instruments, all together it cost like 325euro:O way to expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Full band kit is €189.99 in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Anyone know if i guy buy the drums separately from the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think so... see post #8 above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Bit of a pain in the ass considering I already have two guitars and a Boogey microphone(which i presume works).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

if you pre-order in smyths you get a free guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

if you pre-order in smyths you get a free guitar

I did pre-order for PS2 and it will be in this week sometime as its later than the other consoles! But what I was wondering is, does anyone know if the free guitar is a regular guitar or a bass guitar? I thought it was regular but since reading some posts on here, I'm not too sure now.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It's the GH3 wireless guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

I think they moved the band pack premiere again. When I go to game store website, I cannot find Guitar Hero World Tour other than with solo guitar or software only...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Dont think so,Play.com and amazon both have it listed for release tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

It says on Smyths website 'Available from November 7th' and it's listed as in stock... but the guy at the counter said it can't be sold until tomorrow.

Game have it in the back too but won't sell it.

Both in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Seperate wrote: »
    It says on Smyths website 'Available from November 7th' and it's listed as in stock... but the guy at the counter said it can't be sold until tomorrow.

Game have it in the back too but won't sell it.

Both in Blanchardstown.

I had the same thing happen in Smiths- Parnell st..... I pre-ordered it too and they said I wud get a text when it came in- but nothing yet..... :( Guess I'll just try again this weekend- hopefully they can sell it then hey?
    Originally posted by: ShawnRaven
    It's the GH3 wireless guitar

Thanks for that! I really hope its that one- sounds cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone pre order from HMV and get the extra bass controller?

I think i was screwed.....

Advertisement