Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavlyuchenko

Options
  • 24-09-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Pavlyuchenko Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

yup, and aaron lennon off??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

staker wrote: »
    yup, and aaron lennon off??

its the first time ive seen lennon put in a quality cross in a long long time n the result is it ends up in the net...

come on you spurs

newcastle=right team,right time for the spurs imo

hope i don't jink it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

They don't make it easy for us fans !!!!

a pity it wasn't the league.
    to me king was the telling difference,pavluchenko looked eager too and jenas fed off him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

at last a bit of relief even though it was nervy right at the end.Gio made a big difference when he came on,King and Woody were solid and Zokora had a decent game.I wont get carried away but hopefully we can spring on from here and we can climb that league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

we still have hutton to come back as well but i thought the back four did well today, giovanni was lively when he came on and if we can get service like that to pav things could be looking up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He was muck for the most part but at least he has scored unlike Keane and to a lesser extent Berbatov.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

They just had to make us suffer til the end,:rolleyes:well done pav and o' hara 2 nice goals,Iwas impressed with our tackling and overall effort in the 2nd half. it's nice to win but the barcodes are fair ****ty.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Well it wasnt pretty and typical BAE getting the wrong side of Butt for the goal which left a nail biting final few minures but we held on and won, I was delighted for Pav and well done to O'Hara, I thought the back four were solid except for BAE, he is utterly useless but Woodgate was superb and hopefully we can build on this, roll on sunday and we stuff that Judas f*cker. COYS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

O'Hara is a little gem, I can see him being a big player for us in the comming years. Good to see Pav off the mark, it was a well worked goal although in fairness newcastle are not up to much at the moment. Hopefully 3 points against pompey by any mean necessary ans the confidence will come back a bit more. Thought we did ok in the second half but still giving the ball away alot. BAE is rubbish not premier league standard, thought King was a bit ropey at times too. Woody was good as was O'Hara. Gio was good too for a bit when he came on. Not too sure about Modric now although he only made a cameo, gets pushed off the ball easily and looking for frees all the time. It'll be interesting to see how Modric and Gio fare during the winter months hopefully they come good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

O'Hara is a little gem, I can see him being a big player for us in the comming years. Good to see Pav off the mark, it was a well worked goal although in fairness newcastle are not up to much at the moment. Hopefully 3 points against pompey by any mean necessary ans the confidence will come back a bit more. Thought we did ok in the second half but still giving the ball away alot. BAE is rubbish not premier league standard, thought King was a bit ropey at times too. Woody was good as was O'Hara. Gio was good too for a bit when he came on. Not too sure about Modric now although he only made a cameo, gets pushed off the ball easily and looking for frees all the time. It'll be interesting to see how Modric and Gio fare during the winter months hopefully they come good.

Disagree on o hara , he frustrates me to death! , don't rate him , mind you he took his goal well but how many times in the game last night did he give the ball away? i lost count . To make it in to the top 4's of this world we gotta cut loose the boatengs , asso ekotto's and o hara's of this world

BERBA wrote: »
    Disagree on o hara , he frustrates me to death! , don't rate him , mind you he took his goal well but how many times in the game last night did he give the ball away? i lost count . To make it in to the top 4's of this world we gotta cut loose the boatengs , asso ekotto's and o hara's of this world

would disagree with you on o hara berba. i think he is a usefull player and has spent most of his career on laon outside the prem and think he could grow to be a good prem player but only time will tell. still only a young lad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

keane=cock wrote: »
    would disagree with you on o hara berba. i think he is a usefull player and has spent most of his career on laon outside the prem and think he could grow to be a good prem player but only time will tell. still only a young lad

I agree, IMO the difference between the likes of o hara and say an well recived MF is confidence/luck/form etc. I'm not saying he's going to win us leagues or anything but its good to see him growing as a player.

I both he and Pav took their goals well. I'm still not convinced by the latter but guess its just I miss the stikers of the last couple of seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

You would have to say the thing that made the difference last night was lads who had confidence.
    We looked pretty poor in the first half and they might have got a goal, and if they had of, it would have been hard to come back - But we defended fairly well and kept them out in the end. Not much going forward in the first half at all really.

Second you would have to say, started better, and as soon as Dos Santos came on and started running at players (and seeing how rattled Newcastle were) we gained confidence and Lennon and O'Hara, and even Jenas who I thought was poor last night, seemed to start tuning and facing there goal and making runs, instead of sideways or back passes we saw in the first half.

Pav worked hard on his own and deserved the goal, marking was shocking by the defence, to be fair I could have scored with that much time and unchallenged from 6 yards!

O'Hara's persistence paid off and another shocking defencive error gave him the chance on goal, and in fairness he showed composure and beat a good goalkeeper to score the killer blow.

BAE looked weak on the left, would prefer to see Back there, especially as he looks uncomfortable further up Field, didn't do much last night, and was rightly subbed.

Corluka, looks hard and solid enough, and OK going forward, but really has little pace getting back and Martins, really should have punished him more last night - we were lucky not to concede a goal from the right, as well as conceding one from the left because of poor defending by BAE.

On last nights performances, this is the team I would start at Pompey - They were hammered again By Chelski 0-4 last night! Because of this and the previous 6-0 thrashing by City at the weakened, they will be looking to make amends and shore up at the back - although, it is still a good time to play them for us as they will be a little low in confidence,and a little nervy at the back - Hence this team to run at them.

Gomes

Corluka---King
    Woodgate
    Bale

Lennon (1st Half) Jenas (1st half)--0 O'Hara--Dos Santos

Campbell----
    Pav (first half)

Second half if Lennon hasn't made significant strides I would bring on Bentley, but let him run at them in the first half, they will be very nervous for the first 20 mins or so. If it doesn't work, maybe the more precise balls of Bentley (if he can make them) will work.

I would say Pav deserves a start after getting off the mark, but will need a rest in the second, so bring on Bent.

If Jenas isn't performing in the first half (and I suspect he wont) bring on Modric to see what he can do!

ziedth wrote: »
    I both he and Pav took their goals well. I'm still not convinced by the latter but guess its just I miss the stikers of the last couple of seasons.

it will take time for bent pav and campbell and whoever else palys up front to build a partnership i dont like to wait but it will take time. everybody was used to seeing us score regularly last few years or at leats creating chances. at least pav got a goal n most importantly we won

Advertisement