Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election fever is ramped up

Options
  • 24-09-2008 9:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Todays Dail was the firing salvo that could see the dead duck regime go into a tail spin and collapse requiring a election before christmas
    :pac::pac::pac:
    The banks now worth 40% of what they were a few months ago :pac::pac:
    The economy in a tail spin:pac::pac:
    The unemployment on the rise:pac::pac:
    Austrailian owned Eircom only suppling 30 %of Irish house with broadband running Eircom into the ground meaning no broadband for anybody:pac::pac:
    Greens cant even get it so that green electric bycycles or Sedgeways are street legal:p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57367171&postcount=27
    from this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57367171#post57367171
    Cowen off to USA to beg from the stone broke yanks???

So without the abilty to do pairing the cramped effect will mean that scondrel Bertie cant go to EU to live it up YIPPPEEEE:D

The heat is on and the greens wont go with the budget

Vote no confidence in the regime is virtualy certain

And the regime will be voted out before christmas

This is the update to my previous threads

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055370522

Derry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

derry wrote: »
    The heat is on and the greens wont go with the budget

The Greens will comply with whatever they are told to do

Ever read James Joyce OP? You write the very same as him, damn hard to follow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

micmclo wrote: »
    The Greens will comply with whatever they are told to do

....snip....

Even the greens wont go with the plan to raid the pesion fund golden egg

Worth 20 billion last count

Thats the only pot of money left that the regime can raid to try to get out of this mess

So FG labour see the regime is falling apart like the communist regimes did and they are doing what oposition are sopposed to do going for the jugular

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

FF will have to clean up the mess they got they country into. They as the Government party were told ad nauseum not to rely totally on the construction industry and the housing boom. Did they listen no. Now they want to help their friends the developers and estate agents and think they can tinker with the markets, like Bush and Co. trying to bail out all his banker friends with public money. It wont work and the same people would still vote for FF again IMO as FG are not any better at the minute.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    FF will have to clean up the mess they got they country into.

The ones who can only create a mess and you want them to try to clean it up
    Thats like getting the rapist to run safe sex campains
    They as the Government party were told ad nauseum not to rely totally on the construction industry and the housing boom. Did they listen no.

You only got to look the Tribinals slush funds BROWN envelopes from property developers to see that FF is the political wing of the construction industry and the housing a wash in brown mana from heaven
    That's for FF is where the bread is buttered

Now they want to help their friends the developers and estate agents and think they can tinker with the markets, like Bush and Co. trying to bail out all his banker friends with public money.

The only real big nest egg in town to use to boost the builders with a dig out is the pensions fund and even greens will probably squeak at the pips to raid that piggy bank

So Cowen will probably after doing his UN duck and dive away speech from the flack in Ireland where he should remain in this economic crisis (He should have sent the ambassador from USA instead) will have a talk with the BUSH system still running the USA , just to see if he can cut a deal to save builders in Ireland
    Fat chance the USA is ramping up the dept an extra $30,000 per each USA citizn overnight
    It wont work and the same people would still vote for FF again IMO as FG are not any better at the minute.

40% vote FF period due to who knows what about Brown MANA and so once your in that loop its like the mafia there is no exit route but you are the lop fior receiving when FF runs the show

So all FF has to do is con the 11% of the electorate with promises to get 51% and run the show

I personally vote labour but I could vote FG not great as they are anything can run ROI better than gravey train grabbers FF

Derry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I, for one, am delighted that FF got elected the last time, this time they couldn't pin any down turn of the economy on anyone but their greedy, wasteful little selves.

Anyone else expecting a Bandage Budget this year? Plenty of short-term thinking there with the possible intro of college fees and voluntary redudency from the public service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

So Cowen will probably after doing his UN duck and dive away speech from the flack in Ireland where he should remain in this economic crisis (He should have sent the ambassador from USA instead) will have a talk with the BUSH system still running the USA , just to see if he can cut a deal to save builders in Ireland

I do not know why Cowen is going to the US? for help? Just look at the mess that Bush and Co have created and allowed to fester for 2 terms of office. Constantly stoking the economy in the past to deny real economics of boom bust. What did it do but cause economic meltdown which may still happen despite the $700 billion package. Would you listen to any financial advice from that lot? The US has lost all financial credibility and its another legacy of the Bush administration and Cowen should steer clear IMOand its more likely the US will be asking him and others for a handout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I would like to see a table outlining the amount of money FF wasted in the past few years.

For example how many millions were squandered on PPARS??

And now that were heading into a recession theyre telling us to tighten out belts. Maybe if they had managed effectively they would have plenty of money to spare from the boom. A tragedy of our time.

I would like there to be an election. I would vote no1 Labour, but as I am in Cork North West (only 3 seats) it wouldnt count and FG would probably get me vote, only because there would be a change and I would like to see how they would fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well I can pretty much see that the government is going to take a hammering on the economic situation, and stool pigeons the like of those on here harping about unemployment and people losing jobs to be outraged that people are losing their jobs....where were they for the tens of thousands of people who lost their jobs between 1997 and 2006??

The situation is the same, job growth is slowing as the unions demand more wages for the same productivity so that the public can go out and fuel inflation.

A good dose of watching what we're spending on the weekly shop etc... will do the public no harm. It's not the government's job to ensure you can afford to change your car or get a new kitchen...it's up to each individual household to judge whether it can handle the debt or not.

Expect CGT on investment property to be hiked next month from what I've heard....and not by just 1 or 2%.

Don't expect developers to get a complete bailout...I'd actually question the information that suggests they'll get one at all as the state is entitled to buy property at cost, meaning all that will be done if affordable housing in built developments is the answer to the empty houses sitting all over the place is; developers will keep the bank from the door and will still be stuck with their interest payments.

If you want to talk MANA, go to the desert and talk to Moses, because I for one have a little more cop-on than to think everyone in cabinet is being showered in €500 notes by cash strapped developers.

Expect GGD as a % of GDP to increase over the next 10 years as the capital programme continues regardless with GDP and borrowing moving in opposite directions, albeit on a smaller scale than the €184bn outlined in Towards 2016. Don't expect early 90s 90%+ levels on GGD as it just won't be allowed to happen.

I don't for one minute imagine that were FF in opposition we'd be up in arms too, but I'd hope and kind of believe that there'd be some sort of proposals coming behind the scenes rather than the political point scoring making a mockery of democracy in the Dáil chamber this week.

The likes of PPARS happens in private companies too and the shareholders take the hit the same as with any massive IT project.
    Where was all the talk of waste before last years' election?

Don't expect a heavy hit on the pension fund either....the Pensions Board would take it to the courts if it was excessive.

Tough times yes....the end of the world....NO.

George Lee wouldn't get a look in around here.

Oh, and don't expect an election this decade either!

ninty9er wrote: »

......snip....

Don't expect a heavy hit on the pension fund either....the Pensions Board would take it to the courts if it was excessive.
    ......snip....

If there is a majority regime with the desire to grab the golden egg the Pensions Board and courts will be fighting a uphill battle

So why was the first subject for the Dail the outline of the contituancies ;)

Its the starting flag for the election and the FF want the important subject of contituancies borders done and dusted before the unexpected suprise election in a few weeks time :eek:
    The economy isnt as important as winning the election :D:D:D
    Got to have your prioities correct when your the FF:rolleyes:

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

derry wrote: »
    If there is a majority regime with the desire to grab the golden egg the Pensions Board and courts will be fighting a uphill battle

So why was the first subject for the Dail the outline of the contituancies ;)

Its the starting flag for the election and the FF want the important subject of contituancies borders done and dusted before the unexpected suprise election in a few weeks time :eek:
    The economy isnt as important as winning the election :D:D:D
    Got to have your prioities correct when your the FF:rolleyes:

Derry

It's local electoral boundaries that have to be passed. Though there's unlikely to be an issue, with every party just wanting to get it's candidates out there based on the proposal put before the summer. There's a rush because the elections are next June:rolleyes:

The new Dáil boundaries have already been approved by the House.

and btw it's constituencies:rolleyes:

It's easier to have your facts wrong without the media and opposition on your tail :pac:

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »

It's easier to have your facts wrong without the media and opposition on your tail :pac:

What you mean us joe soaps shooting the spitoon we are up there with the media and can come down our tails;)

No you see it win win predict what they do and if your right then your laughing
    If it doesn't happen your still laughing as they decided when they heard that you were on to their plan not to carry it out :D

Win win really

The way threads that in any way wind up the regime do get shut down I suspect the political leaders are maybe ringing up the boards to get threads closed down in this nanny state :rolleyes:

Careful walls have ears and its all CT in all the forums as from joe soaps point of view who don't have access to the big buttons like the regime has then they find predictive media is something that they really cant handle :p

predicitive media the game every joe soap can play:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Derry

Advertisement