Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistics, demographics etc

Options
  • 24-09-2008 9:35pm

Where can I get my hands on specific information for certain areas? Is there even such a thing? I tried CSO but it's limited and not very interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Where can I get my hands on specific information for certain areas? Is there even such a thing? I tried CSO but it's limited and not very interesting.

Try Experian.

Thanks, it's worth a shot. It's probaby as close as I'll get to just going out there and asking people how much they have to spend etc but maybe I'm just looking into the planning aspect a bit too much. But then again, fail to plan and you plan to fail etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You have to be imaginative in how you use the basic CSO data. If you go through all the tables and find the ED's you are interested in, you can find out quite a bit. It's a lot of work though.

CSO can also (I understand) provide data for commercial use that might be helpful for you. A good market research company would probably be able to help with this.

a.

Advertisement