Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's Gorilla in Galway

Options
  • 24-09-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Thats right!! The famous gorilla from Glass and a half full promotions in HMV tomorrow Thursday !! :D

Quote from galway independant
    Cadbury's drumming gorilla will be making an appearance in Galway's HMV store tomorrow, Thursday 25 September at 12pm.
    Cadbury's drumming gorilla.

Having made a successful appearance at Cois Fharraige on Sunday 7 September, which left fans chanting for more, the gorilla will now embark on a nationwide tour, playing in HMV stores across the country.
    His latest performance for Glass and a Half Full Productions is currently on air and features a solo performance to Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'.
    HMV's Gennaro Castaldo, said HMV was looking forward to hosting what is most likely to be one of the most popular tours of the year.
    "The Cadbury Gorilla has fast become an icon in his own right and so we are delighted that fans will have the opportunity to see him in action playing to hit tunes from acts such as Deep Purple and his more recent offering 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

*Snore*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

jesus ****ing christ

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Whoever came up with that marketing ploy should be severely punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

DRakE wrote: »
    jesus ****ing christ

No, he's already said it's a gorilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 risk

corporate f**ken bas***ds. Cadbury's sucks unbelievable huge bal*s. Anyone fancy joining me in having a "Fair Trade" chocolate promotion at the same time, same place as this heap of sh*t

• Advertisement

risk wrote: »
    corporate f**ken bas***ds. Cadbury's sucks unbelievable huge bal*s. Anyone fancy joining me in having a "Fair Trade" chocolate promotion at the same time, same place as this heap of sh*t

No, that sucks "unbelievable huge bal*s" also. And anyway, if we did that the SECOND you posted, it would still be and hour and forty minutes late.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

s_carnage wrote: »

Durp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

s_carnage wrote: »
    LOL I GOT OWNED

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

meh, Hate to ask but did anyone go to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Krieg wrote: »
    Didn't see it (I swear! ) but there was a mad queue of students and mothers with kids outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

And he promised he would be at the next Galway Boards beers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

from what i heard it was John Donnelly who got the gig as the drummer in the monkey suit...

Krieg wrote: »

Some classmates of mine left early to go see it/him/whatever but changed their minds when they saw the queue. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This animal cruelty can't be allowed to continue, cadbury needs to be free, he should be roaming the mountians of Connemara with the rest of his knuckle dragging clan.

I don't see PETA doing fup all to free this magnificent beast, their all talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Some classmates of mine left early to go see it/him/whatever but changed their minds when they saw the queue. Idiots.

Yeah that Abbey Road conspiracy we were learning about instead was far more interesting then any silly stuffed Gorilla. Oh well at least they missed out :)

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Yeah that Abbey Road conspiracy we were learning about instead was far more interesting then any silly stuffed Gorilla. Oh well at least they missed out :)

[injoke]

Crafty...

[/injoke]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

[injoke]

Crafty...

[/injoke]

Not as crafy as you think probably shouldn't have posted that either but couldn't resist. My apologies if it came across as a bit stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

ScumLord wrote: »
    This animal cruelty can't be allowed to continue, cadbury needs to be free, he should be roaming the mountians of Connemara with the rest of his knuckle dragging clan.

lol:) can someone tell me what he and drumming has too do with cadburys chocolate though??? not understanding that marketing concept at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

ScumLord wrote: »

I don't think PETA will be too fast to open their mouths again after that whole Ben & Jerrys thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

DarkJager wrote: »
    I don't think PETA will be too fast to open their mouths again after that whole Ben & Jerrys thing :D

HAHAHA:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

lol:) can someone tell me what he and drumming has too do with cadburys chocolate though??? not understanding that marketing concept at all?

the fact that we are all talking about it says it all.their marketing ploy is working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

the monkey was in HMV Grafton St last week
    i swear i was just in there browsing and didn't go intentionally
    god it was embarrasing, a guy in a bad gorilla suit playing along to Nirvana with 2 girls that moved like gerbils that were being poked with a **** stick

Advertisement