Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disability Allowance

• 24-09-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, well about 2 weeks ago I applied for disability allowance and i'm just wondering how long can I expect to wait. Yesterday they sent me a letter asking me for bank details which i had already given! Also I think that when I turn 18 I am entilted to blind pension and if I am do I get both benefits or just one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Me personally if I had a choice I would go for the blind pension. you could be waiting forever for it though.

Either way, If you are registered blind, and are stuck for funds, you can claim supplimentary Welfare Allowance while your claim is being processed. You may have to pay back the health board for this when you get your back pay from the pensions office.

Give the blind pensions crowd a ring and ask them.

They can be found at Pensions Office College Road Sligo. Telephone 1890 500 000 or 071 9169800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have the form for the blind pension but you need to be 18 for that so I'll have to wait a few months. Because of my age the money isnt really a big thing, all I set out to get was the travel pass but I was told to apply for DA to get it. As regards my disability I have no left visual field but the sight I do have is perfect so no im not registered blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

you have to be registered with the national council for the blind and legally blind to get blind pension

Don't think im bad enough to be registered as legally blind but im really not sure. Sounds like DA is what applies most to me then.

Just to update on this. I got a visit from an inspector today and was told that shortly I will be called for a medical assesment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

medical assesment is grand. only take s a few minutes and they obviously only doing it to capture cheats.

Advertisement