Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing Rosemary

Options
  • 24-09-2008 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all...

Well most of you know that Celtic Knights will be out at the Dublin Convention. But what you don't know is that I have another comic out at the same time. This is Rosemary: The Return. Some people may have purchased a copy of Rosemary before, either the children's novel that I published three years ago, or the rushed comic that was out earlier this year. This is Rosemary and she has never looked so good.

So let me know what you think and if you have any critique of the image can you please pm me rather than publicly tear the art a new one on here. I wouldn't do that to anyone else and I don't expect it done to the artists who have blessed me with their talent.

Talk soon
    Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

the art attached to your post looks fantastic!

The detail on the creatures is really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Nathanual

Thanks... Barry is the artist. I'll pass that on. If anyone is on facebook there is a group called Celtic Knights and Rosemary Herbb where you can see previews of the two comics. Also feel free to add me as a friend.

Stephen Paul Coffey

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nathanual wrote: »
    So let me know what you think and if you have any critique of the image can you please pm me rather than publicly tear the art a new one on here. I wouldn't do that to anyone else and I don't expect it done to the artists who have blessed me with their talent.

Hi Stephen,

With regard to your comment above, this is a public forum and as per the charter, anyone posting artwork here should expect some level of constructive criticism. I understand that nobody wants to post up artwork and have people respond with "that's crap"; nonetheless constructive criticism is always welcome since the idea is to share knowledge and experience so that everyone can learn. If you're not comfortable with that, perhaps a blog might be more suitable to your requirements.

Regarding the image itself, the creatures look very good indeed - they have an almost cartoony appearance while still being menacing. However, the central character appears to have the head of a full-grown woman on a 10-year-old girl's body, which is a bit jarring.

Do you have any examples of the sequential artwork in the comic itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Nathanual

Perhaps you are right. I might just start a blog. I just don't want someone to post the pic back on the boards with lines drawn through it. Anyway... I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last few months, this will be my last post here. Take care all and good luck with your projects.

Stephen

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nathanual wrote: »
    Perhaps you are right. I might just start a blog. I just don't want someone to post the pic back on the boards with lines drawn through it. Anyway... I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last few months, this will be my last post here. Take care all and good luck with your projects.

Stephen

I'm sorry you feel that way about this forum, Stephen, but I do want to reiterate that the main purpose of the Production forum is to discuss technique and for people to give and receive constructive criticism and feedback.

If you want to post art as a sample without requesting feedback, you can do so, but the general assumption if art is posted up is that criticism of some sort is welcome unless clearly stated otherwise. Posting an image alongside the text "Both Ger and I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this image, and anything else we do" and then complaining that someone gave a detailed response (even going so far as to illustrate it) is not only disingenuous but also goes against the purpose of the forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement