Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If there was a Lisbin 2 vote

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

How would you vote?

No. Not even if it was a Brisbane treaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

This country said NO to Lisbon, and it'll probably say the same to Lisbin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The lisbin treaty is a load of rubbish...

/gets coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

The lesbian treaty?

Oh, the lisbin treaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I would vote Yes just like I did first time around and hopefully a lot of those who voted No last time because they either didn't know what they were voting for or were frightened into voting No by the lies of the likes of Libertas will take the time to educate themselves should there be a second poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Whats the lisbin treaty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Did anyone mention the fact that he mis-spelled it?
    Its Lisbon mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Forky wrote: »
    Its Lisbon mate.

I am sure people made reference to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Forky wrote: »
    Its Lisbon mate.

Ruiner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I would vote Yes just like I did first time around and hopefully a lot of those who voted No last time because they either didn't know what they were voting for or were frightened into voting No by the lies of the likes of Libertas will take the time to educate themselves should there be a second poll.

Hey you shouldn't say stuff like that about Libertas, the CIA might being monitoring this sight :(

I'm going to sit this vote out. I was constantly bugged by everyone in my family to vote in the first one, even though i didn't want to, and i finally do and it turns it didn't even matter because we're doing it again. So i'm not voting 'Folds Arms with frown on face'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I would vote no. Just like I voted the last time.
    Hopefully I will not have to say no a third time.

What part of no do they not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No! Nein! Níl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

id vote yes again and again and again and again until people understand that yes is the only suitable vote

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Definite No again and least we forget those condesending remarks from Nicolas Sarkozy,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I would probably vote yes - I think it would be interesting to be part of the United States of Europe.

Its not as if every state in America doesn't have its own traditions, customs and culture, don't see why we'd lose ours here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

eVeNtInE wrote: »

fair enough, but I guess that if everyone voted and had a good reason to vot that wasnt "I dont trust cowen" or "I dont understand what im voting for", im pretty sure the yes vote would come out on top, not by much but still on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I think he's on about extrending the franchaise 2 lisbians?

Lisbians have rights too ya know!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Extrending lisbian franchaising. ftw
    :rolleyes: :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

TPD wrote: »

Its not as if every state in America doesn't have its own traditions, customs and culture, don't see why we'd lose ours here.

Of course we will, Run_To_Da_Hills, PMed me telling me that we'll have to learn Esperanto if everyone votes yes.

[All piss taking aside, it will be my first time voting(if we need to vote again) and I will vote no, as I didnt know what Lisbon was about then, and i sure as hell dont care now, making a country vote again, madness)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'd vote no.

First time round I was a fairly swing voter but this one reeks of us being made to vote until we give them the vote they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I didn't vote first time round and likely wont this time (not registered :P), but I can't see that they would present an identical treaty to vote upon.

If there are minor changes addressing the main issues the 'no party' had with the treaty, then why not vote again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

No. Just like I voted the first time, I shouldn't have to fuckin' vote again! :mad:
    Maybe if the government got some balls we wouldn't have to vote again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would go for the obvious Atari Jaguar option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

zig wrote: »
    fair enough, but I guess that if everyone voted and had a good reason to vot that wasnt "I dont trust cowen" or "I dont understand what im voting for", im pretty sure the yes vote would come out on top, not by much but still on top.

lol there was a lot of people who didnt know what it was about and voted yes because they were told to by all the major parties, or didnt want to vote the same as sinn fein, i find it funny how the no voters are made to feel like they have to explain themselves for voting no while the yes voters were never subjected to this.

and the yes side was doing a fair bit of scaremongering too, telling us our economy would be in danger because of a no vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I'd vote no.

First time round I was a fairly swing voter but this one reeks of us being made to vote until we give them the vote they want.

That's the problem, there could be a backlash where people will vote no again so as not to be 'giving in' so to speak. The government have no-one to blame but themselves for this mess, they failed to sell it first time round and failed dismally to convince people that a yes vote was the right thing to do, which it was.
    utick wrote: »
    lol there was a lot of people who didnt know what it was about and voted yes because they were told to by all the major parties, or didnt want to vote the same as sinn fein, i find it funny how the no voters are made to feel like they have to explain themselves for voting no while the yes voters were never subjected to this

I voted yes because I looked into what it was about and saw nothing to be scared of. But no doubt plenty of people would vote yes to just about anything that the government tells them to. There was a lack of any real understanding on both sides of the divide.
    and the yes side was doing a fair bit of scaremongering too, telling us our economy would be in danger because of a no vote.

Cowen recently tried to link our failing economy to the no vote on Lisbon, which even by politician standards is some line of bullsh1t. Of course it couldn't possibly have anything to do with his own government's mismanagement of public finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

They should just print the ballot papers with only a 'Yes' option next time. It will save the possibility of yet another embarrassing democratic moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Upon mature reflection, I have solemnly decided to vote on the next occasion as follows...

I'll be voting "shove it back up your lala for the second time you fu*kin' totally deaf matress resembling Taoiseacht with dat dopey looking cu*t beside you".

Eh I'll be voting No again Ted!

:D:D:D

Advertisement