Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If there was a Lisbin 2 vote

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Cionnfhaolaidh

How would you vote?

You FAIL at Thread Title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I'd have to see what exactly has changed since the first vote..
    But if, in any regard, they again try to treat europe as a single political entity,ill vote no again, because I simply do not agree with that. I hate the way the yes campaign act as if the n6 vote did nothing but listen to scare tactics and vote no because we 'didnt understand it'. Thats patronising, condescending bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It would be interesting to see how powerful the Yes campaign will be in the next run up as it will now have the full weight of the EU commission behind it with foreign backing of course no questions asked of where the funding came from.

The NO campaigners will be scrutinised about their funding and some huge propaganda scandal will be concocted about the main no contenders just prior to the run up to try to turn support away from them. They will be treated as an "underground" movement and against the interests of the European Union. and I would not be surprised if the EU try to blaim the state of the countries economy on the fact that we voted no the last time. I am looking foreword to more humorous posters and stickers from the no campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I vote YES for lesbiens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Why didn't they call it the Lisboa Treaty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

It's pretty underminding and stupid to vote for something again after the vote said NO.

:Dhttp://bifsniff.com/wp-content/files/2008/06/lolmartin.jpg :D

Lolcats may be dieing....I PROPOSE LOLITICS!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Yes, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

What's a lisbin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

What's a lisbin?

It's like a modern day 'Niece' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

They should just print the ballot papers with only a 'Yes' option next time. It will save the possibility of yet another embarrassing democratic moment.

+1.:D

It would be just pure cheek to ask us to vote again , especially after Sarkozy's remarks. I'd feel like people were being scared and intimidated into voting 'Yes'. Democracy, indeed. :rolleyes:

It reminds me of the 'South Park' episode where Stan is being forced into voting, only to be told that his vote didn't make any difference whatsoever to the results. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

If we had to vote again, I wouldn't vote. I'd just pack my bags and leave the country. Not living in a 'democracy' where if the Government doesn't get the vote they want they just make us vote again, and possibly again, and possibly again until they get a Yes vote.

ITT: Nobody knows what democracy actually means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You make it sound like we have an option. I voted no the last time. This time, I'm just going to scratch my arse which is symbolic of my distaste for trying to force a vote out of us.

Dear Sarkozy. Feck off.

Sincerely,
    Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ergonomics wrote: »
    If we had to vote again, I wouldn't vote. I'd just pack my bags and leave the country. Not living in a 'democracy' where if the Government doesn't get the vote they want they just make us vote again, and possibly again, and possibly again until they get a Yes vote.
    Where would you go instead? The UK, Europe? These other so called "democratic" societies where you had no choice but to accept YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Those Lisbins tuk are spell-checkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I'd vote No. Ignorant French prick of a president trying to make us vote again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Personally I like the idea of the Irish people deciding what is in our constitution rather than a pannel of EU officials..
    No more referendums ever?
    Bugger that..

I was away for the first vote, and I'm headin off away again soon so I prob wont be here if there is a second.

But still, a massive great big stonking negative from this direction..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I did look into what i was voting for and voted No. I was not scared of conscription and abortion being foisted upon us as the yes side seem to think.

Asked to vote again I would vote no again, I think a lot of people that I know who originally voted Yes would now vote No to prove to our government and the EU that we will not be bullied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I didn't vote the first time but if we had to vote again and they provided proper documentation or at least something that would give a good indication of what is in store, i would read it and then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

No. The lisbon treaty is deliberately unreadable.Now if that doesn't arouse suspicion, i don't know what does.

The irish constitution is readable, i don't see why this can't be either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

I would vote NO.

They wouldn't have another vote if the result the first time was Yes.
    Really pees me off.
    The arrogant idiots assumed we would do as we were told.

We were told if we didnt join deeper into europe we would suffer economically...eh? have they opened their eyes????
    We are officially in recession now anyways.

Oh I get so mad!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

We could do with conscription in this country, might get some of the skang sorted out with some military training...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Darragh29 wrote: »
    We could do with conscription in this country, might get some of the skang sorted out with some military training...

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

No to Lisbon, and No to eh....Libertas.

I think that shadey Ganley fella made it harder to convince people to vote No than vice versa. When doing the door to doors in normal working areas, I'd often hear people say "if this gombeen wants me to vote no....." and the like. Still, one gombeen against an army of them.... I see the gobsh!te is in Hot Press today giving an interview. So long as Ganley is on the scene the Yes Men will continue to point at the shadey fecker as if he was the leader of the pack, when in reality I think Libertas had little effect on peoples decision to vote No. The best attack on Libertas I read on the net was written by a No campaigner (Mainly on Riveda Networks and Ganleys dealings with the U.S Army)

The fact we have a vote on such European treaties is something we should be proud of, and strive to protect. Did the French endorse Lisbon? Of course not, their government did though. Let the people speak. If the deal is a good one, they will endorse it- we're not a nation of morons. Had they got their Yes vote, they'd be hailing the 'democratic will' of the Irish.

Sorry Sarko, but to be honest I think dub_skavs post sums it up. I know plenty of Yes voters, with strong party convinctions in some cases, who would tick Níl in a second in the event of a Lisbon II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Presented with an identical treaty, I would vote NO again. But if amendments were made, I would read the amended version before making a decision.

I wouldn't blame the Government for having a 2nd referendum as long as the treaty was not identical.
    If they ignored the NO vote and ratified the treaty anyway, then that would have been undemocratic. Asking us to vote again is not undemocratic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'll vote no as much as it takes for them to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

if i was allowed i would vote i really don't give a f**k any more i am sick of hearing about this stupid thing.

Presented with an identical treaty, I would vote NO again. But if amendments were made, I would read the amended version before making a decision.

I wouldn't blame the Government for having a 2nd referendum as long as the treaty was not identical.
    If they ignored the NO vote and ratified the treaty anyway, then that would have been undemocratic. Asking us to vote again is not undemocratic.

Thank fuck, the only sensible post in this thread so far.

Shame it took 56 posts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Thank fuck, the only sensible post in this thread so far.

Shame it took 56 posts though.

you are aware that this is ah aren't you

• Advertisement

Indie18 wrote: »
    you are aware that this is ah aren't you

It's my eternal failing, i expect better of people....

Advertisement