Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If there was a Lisbin 2 vote

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Asking us to vote again is not undemocratic.

Yes it is, unless the document is altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

It's my eternal failing, i expect better of people....

you really shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

I would vote Yes just like I did first time around and hopefully a lot of those who voted No last time because they either didn't know what they were voting for or were frightened into voting No by the lies of the likes of Libertas will take the time to educate themselves should there be a second poll.

I voted NO the first time and will do so the second time if the treaty is not amended. What sort of a democracy expects its people to keep voting until they adopt whatever tripe they put in front of them. If Europe proceeds with ratifying the treaty without Ireland, they are truely undemocratic and will in future just do whatever suits them.

Yes I educated myself on the contents of the treaty, I wasn't frightened into voting either way. I made my choice on the literature provided by the State Commission. I read it and didn't like it so I voted no.

You talk as if the no voters were ignorant of the contents or frightened into voting that way. How many were voting yes for the sake of it or because their party told them to do so? Cowan was telling us to vote Yes when he hadn't bothered to read the document - how idiotic is that?

The political establishment failed on their part to carry the yes vote - their fault, not that of the voters who voted no. If they were really interested they would have campaigned as if there seats depended on it but they didn't. They didn't provide a strong enough rebuttle to Libertas & co and they failed to calm any dispositions anyone had.

Its easy to blame the voters after an election but they've no one to blame but themselves.

I'm not affiliatied to any political party - i just think its an absolute scandal if the Government do not fulfil the mandate the voters have given them and work around the Irish vote instead of calling for a second vote. They were quick after the election to go about their mandate when the result was known - how about keeping to their new mandate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

dlofnep wrote: »
    Yes it is, unless the document is altered.

No, it's really not. See: our several referenda on topics like abortion and divorce.

Also, these topics shouldn't be put to referenda anyway.

Dammit, NO. I'm not getting dragged into this again, screw you people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

How would you vote?

/Note to self.

Less drinking.

More thinking.

:(:o:(

/For Shame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Quick change it, Fingers. No one will notice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No, it's really not. See: our several referenda on topics like abortion and divorce.

Also, these topics shouldn't be put to referenda anyway.

Dammit, NO. I'm not getting dragged into this again, screw you people.....

Incorrect. You're skewed definition of democracy doesn't count. If something is proposed, rejected and then proposed again a few months later in it's exact same form, it is NOT democratic. Now, shoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

I would vote yes but much more reluctantly than I did the first time. My desire for strong EU institutions and and an Ireland in good standing with them overides my distaste for a second vote.

Advertisement