Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to download updates for games to PC?

Options
  • 24-09-2008 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Basically, my router or PS3 seems a little flaky on the wireless side, I can't stay signed in to PSN for more than a few minutes without the connection dropping and getting signed out again. Is there any way to download game patches onto a PC and get them onto the PS3 via USB drive? I know it's possible for system updates, what about games?

Specific issue at the moment is with COD4, in case there's no sort of central repository website that holds patches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

just sounds like you dont have the right ports forwarded for the playstationNetwork, you should be able connect fine if you do, have you got online wit COD4 at all, there were a few patches months back, but if youve been on recently, you'd have these already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Can't see it being port related tbh. I can sign in to PSN, browse web, chat with friends, d/l from store. When I try d/l an update, that's when the problems start. I can d/l anything from 4 to 40% per attempt before it drops. The fact it downloads anything at all would seem to discount ports, would it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Go to network settings on the ps3 and so to test network connection.
    It will probably be NAT type 3. Type 1 is the best.

Follow the instructions on this video and you should be ok.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU

If you do it this way it means you won't have to bother forwarding any ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Most of these patches are for fixing online glitches, so if you can't get your PS3 online properly, do you really need the patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Ironically, I've never had a problem while actually playing a game online, though that has been rare enough in itself.

Do I take that the answer to my actual question is no then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement