Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Dine for two

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

there was plenty of scallops in blanch yesterday too

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

No scallops or truffles in Dundrum last night but got 2 of the indian punjab , Oj & a bottle of wine, Nan bread + fresh veg, Blackberry sponge pud & Sticky toff pud. all for €20 as young lad works there !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Loads of Scallops in Liffey Valley.

I got that Indian Chicken earlier and it looks as if it's much smaller in size compared to when it just for sale normally. Still a great bargain tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Got the scallops along with other main courses but thought they were minging . Never had scallops before, but i normally like most foods/seafoods but I'll never have them again after this trial. Tiny portion too. Ah well, off to cook the chicken and pesto thing instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

One thing I have to commend M&S for... unlike many other retailers who do offers that are gone within seconds, M&S have staff constantly replenishing the shelves with these. Any time I've picked these up, there was someone with trays of replacements putting them on the shelves as they were being taken off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Got the scallops along with other main courses but thought they were minging . Never had scallops before, but i normally like most foods/seafoods but I'll never have them again after this trial. Tiny portion too. Ah well, off to cook the chicken and pesto thing instead.
    Did you cook them too long? Scallops are notorious for being spoiled if cooked for too long. Couple of minutes on each side is more than enough.

One thing I have to commend M&S for... unlike many other retailers who do offers that are gone within seconds, M&S have staff constantly replenishing the shelves with these. Any time I've picked these up, there was someone with trays of replacements putting them on the shelves as they were being taken off.
    Yeah same here. If you want to avail of an M&S offer you never miss out.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Did you cook them too long? Scallops are notorious for being spoiled if cooked for too long. Couple of minutes on each side is more than enough.

Instructions say 8 mins in total (4mins, turn and fry for 2 more, add butter and fry for 2 more). They were tasty.

Cork had plenty of chicken and scallops. Didn't see any truffles or cheese selection (damn). Desserts were only so-so . I note that the wines selle for less than the ones available a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

on again this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

on again this weekend

Yep - sis in law in England said it might be the last one before Xmas - dont know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

YAY! More nice food...plus...
    M&S to hold 20%-off sale for one day

By Tom Braithwaite and Elizabeth Rigby
    Published: November 19 2008 00:06 | Last updated: November 19 2008 00:06

Marks and Spencer is turning to a tactic it has not used since the business was in the doldrums in 2004, in a sign of its anxiety about the retail climate.

The retailer will on Thursday hold a one-day “20 per cent off” sale – its biggest pre-Christmas promotion for four years – to stimulate flagging revenue, according to people familiar with the retailer’s plans.

The sale comes amid increasingly gloomy news for the retailer. Market share data from TNS, seen by the Financial Times, also shows M&S continuing its slide in both men’s wear and women’s wear in the 26 weeks to October 12, although it is strengthening its position in children’s clothing.

M&S also announced on Tuesday that George Davies, architect of its most successful women’s wear range, Per Una, is to leave the business at the end of the year.

In running the one-day sale, Sir Stuart Rose, executive chairman, is deploying measures he has not used since just after he took over the business in 2004, although then he was discounting to get rid of unwanted stock.

His decision to stage such a pre-Christmas promotion – for only the second time in M&S’s history – will crystallise fears that the chain is one of the biggest casualties of the downturn in spending.

Not sure if it's happening in Ireland too, but might be worth a look tomorrow.

More here - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4759ee38-b5b2-11dd-ab71-0000779fd18c.html?nclick_check=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 aishling99

some sites saying this is going to be on wednesday (today) anyone been near a marks and seen anything ?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20081119/tot-uk-marksspencer-4b7b872_1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fullirish

Offer applies Thursday 20th November to Saturday 22nd November. Subject to availability:
    Mains:
    Cook! Chicken with Davidstow Cheddar Gratin
    Cook! Pork Medallions
    Wild salmon
    Ready To Roast Honey Gammon Joint
    Gastro Mousaka
    Butternut and Goats Cheese Lasagne
    Medium Whole Chicken
    Sides:
    Roast Potatoes
    Traditional Vegetables for Roasting
    Mediterranean Vegetables
    Tomato and Basil Potatoes
    Winter Vegetable Medley – Carrot, Cauliflower, Sprouts
    Ultimate Mash
    Brussels sprouts with Chestnuts and Bacon
    Desserts:
    Hot Choc Fudge Pudding
    Raspberry Panacotta
    Puff Apple Pie
    Sticky Toffee Pudding
    Cherry and Plum Crumbles x 2
    Blackberry & Apple Crumbles x 2
    Spotted Dick
    Sunshine Fruit
    Cheese selection
    Lemon Sponge Twin
    Wines:
    Cava Brut
    Belle Tour Cabernet
    Belle Tour Chardonnay
    Valencia OJ Twin pack (2 x 1 litre)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

they'd no lasagne in Dundrum today but did have it in Blackrock ;) (just in case there's any other veggies reading this) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

How on earth are they even covering their costs at €12.50 less 20%?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

How on earth are they even covering their costs at €12.50 less 20%?

No 20% off dine for two! (Or else I was robbed!)

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    No 20% off dine for two! (Or else I was robbed!)

Nope you wren't robbed - the 20% off excluded a few things including the dine in for 2 offer which at 12.50 was a steal

no dine for 2 this weekend, instead they have main meals for 3 poeple for €5

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

no dine for 2 this weekend, instead they have main meals for 3 poeple for €5

What way does that work. Is it all in one packet like 3 steaks or 3 chicken breasts.

I can't believe that about the dine for 2 range is gone. I used to be really looking forward to buying it for a nice meal for myself and my partner. Now what will I do.

stuuf like 1kg lasagne/arrabiata, 800g pies, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

thegroutch, where did you see/hear about this weekends offers? would like to see a list if I could. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

pampers1 wrote: »
    I can't believe that about the dine for 2 range is gone. I used to be really looking forward to buying it for a nice meal for myself and my partner. Now what will I do.

You can still buy it, just not for €12.50;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Any sign of this doing an encore this weekend ? Think theres a couple of ppl on here who work in Marks & Sparks, any ideas if it going ahead, if so any info on whats available ?

deffo on today, can't remember exactly what's in it, but all the usual suspects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Menu up on M&S site:

Mains:

Cook Chicken & Cider
    Gastro pub Fish & Chips
    2 Salmon Fillets
    Gastro Paella
    Cook Meatballs
    Medium Whole Bird
    Short-crust Chicken Pie
    Large Vegetable Mousakka

Accompaniments:

Roast Potatoes
    Traditional Vegetables for Roasting
    Mediterranean Vegetables
    Caesar Vegetables
    Winter Vegetables
    Tomato & Basil Potatoes
    Ultimate Mash
    Garlic Ciabatta

Desserts:

Sticky Toffee Pudding
    Christmas Crumble
    Strawberry Tarts
    Syrup Sponge Pudding
    Small Profiterole Stack
    Melt-in-the-middle Chocolate Pudding
    Belgian Chocolate Soufflé
    Cheese Selection
    Chocolate Mint Selection
    Fruit Collection
    Divine Bread & Butter Pudding

Drinks:

Cava Brut
    Cape Quarter Chenin Blanc
    Cape Quarter Shiraz
    Valencia OJ

I always have trouble finiding it on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Hooray, I'm there! :)

Good selection in M&S Blanch at lunchtime - didn't have everything on the list but a reasonable selection nonetheless - the Cava is a steal - on it's own it's €9.99 normally.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Oven is on :D

Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Lots of it in Liffey Valley too - great to get the bottle of fizz alright! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i can never find these, where abouts are they ?

Advertisement