Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anybody get their Play.com order delivered?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I found out today that my grace period from the SE is up. I can't log in anymore and there's no sign of the package from Play.

I can't file a complaint on their website because they want to wait 21 days, and I can't play either. Just wondering if there's a general delay with the post, or if my order simply got lost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Still haven't received mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

ordered mine a few days before it came out and got it on the 19th of sept , 1 day after official release, was surprised. tusky is in the same boat as you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Havent received mine either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did they not give you your retail code when you got the game? Could it be that EA did something right for a change??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

Ordered CE in March and got it on Monday - they seem to be a bit slow...
    what happened to the 7 day grace period???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

My 7 day grace period ended yesterday, and the key that Play.com sent was for the head-start. Apparently you need to properly register once you get the actual game box, with the key inside.

As it stands, no more play until Play sort it out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Seems play aren't too reliable abut getting the games out quick post release. IT was the same with Age of Conan, so I decided to go elsewhere tog et Warhammer this time. Think it took 2-3 weeks for AoC to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

They've been pretty bad for preorders recently, usually only shipping them on the release date for me, so I'd get them the following Wednesday/Thursday if a game is released on a Friday.
    Hopefully they'll arrive for you guys soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 3D

Ordered a CE from them in March - got an email saying the box had been dispatched and recieved it two days later - funny enough I think it was a courier that delievered it and not an Póst as I was out and it was left next door instead of a note telling me to pick it up at the post office.

Have you even gotten a mail from them saying it had been dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ordered it March 27th, it was sent from Play on the 17th last week, recieved a little card from GLS Deliveries that they couldn't deliver it yesterday.....

**edit-oopps, forgot to mention this card was mailed by An Post to me, why not send the game if your too f*****g lazy**

....I have been in the house every day since last Thursday and they don't have my number, never heard from them or saw a van pull up so by "couldn't deliver" they meant "couldn't be bothered".

So get a call at noon today, delivery guy is in Birr (around 16 miles from Tullamore) on way to Tullamore (town 5 minutes away from me so hes about half an hour away) give him directions. 3 hours later, call him up to ask WTF, "Sorry, Tullamore isn't on my route, its about 60 miles outside my route" :confused::confused::confused:

So another guy is gonna brave the wild and confusing midlands tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Received mine on the 19th technically (it was delivered next door but as there wasn't a delivery a card I didn't get it off the neighbour for two days (21st) :rolleyes:). I never received a dispatch notice from play.

I got an email from Play that mine was posted on the 16th but as you can see nothing arrived.

I'm just wondering, is it possible to buy a key somewhere? You know, like you could buy a gamecard, or just give your credit card details for WoW and start playing?

I can always send the game back to Play for a refund so I'm not too worried about that, I'm just wondering if I can get a key to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

Play are using couriers, don't know which company, and there's no way to track through the website either.
    I really hope you guys can get sorted out soon - that's a freaking big screw-up on Play's part.
    I'm wondering about the 7 days as well though - it almost looks like they were counting from head start rather than launch. 7 days from launch should have kept you in-game til midnight last night, surely?

I think SE headstart access kept me on until 4pm yesterday, I've read something like that on their web site. I certainly couldn't log in when I got back from work.

But on the plus side I bought a CD key online from offgamers.com and registered.

I'll just send the box back to Play for a refund, if it ever arrives. Or ask for a refund if it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Mine was posted on the 16th, and still not here. Like others I cant log on anymore, so going to purchase the game somewhere else today.

netman wrote: »

But on the plus side I bought a CD key online from offgamers.com and registered.

I'll just send the box back to Play for a refund, if it ever arrives. Or ask for a refund if it doesn't.

This is pretty dodgy, you basically have an account from a goldsellers website. I'm guessing they will take back the account at a future date, and theres nothing you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I got mine there the other week. Then again, I had ordered it wayyyyyyy back when it was first posted on the site as a pre-order. Didn't take that long to ship (about 4 days?), compared to my Metallica: Death Magnetic cd, which magically took near two weeks (but that's an An Post issue) to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Play use Parcelforce as the courier although they may use local couriers over here.

Anyone wrote: »
    This is pretty dodgy, you basically have an account from a goldsellers website. I'm guessing they will take back the account at a future date, and theres nothing you can do about it.

Uh, I didn't know about that. Are you sure? And is there anything I can do to protect myself?

I did google for them and haven't found any scam reports or stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

netman wrote: »
    Uh, I didn't know about that. Are you sure? And is there anything I can do to protect myself?

I did google for them and haven't found any scam reports or stuff like that.

you made the account, it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I have no idea, I'm in the same situation as you, still waiting for my delivery. When i saw your post, I googled the name, first hit shows then as a gold seller.

Now, the thing is with every MMO I have played, the cd-key is your proof of ownership. I'm not sure what you can do to prove ownership in a dispute, but if they are sitting with the game box, it might be difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I've used offgamers.com in the past for buying game keys and it's all perfectly fine.

Got my own EU copy of War from Direct2drive, took flippin' ages to download but I'm sick of preorders going missing and also sick of retail shops in Ireland overcharging.

Why bother with all the hassles and mess when I can just buy the key online and downlaod the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i'm in the same boat, it says it shipped the 16th but no sign
    i tried to buy it in town today but Game, HMV and Gamestop didn't have them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

superfly wrote: »
    i'm in the same boat, it says it shipped the 16th but no sign
    i tried to buy it in town today but Game, HMV and Gamestop didn't have them

Game has stock again behind the counter in the Ilac Centre at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Gamestop in Santry had copies also if you were really stuck. Also had two CE copies available far as I could see yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hooray. So after GLS decided to not send me my CE, I gave em a call. Seems they have sent my CE back to Play because they held onto it for 11 days and thats obviously too long and against company policy to keep it any longer :rolleyes:

And by my reckoning, including the max 4 weekend days, they had it for 7 full weekdays.......obviously they weren't delivering for that wekk and a half :mad:

Grrr, would be almost easier, quicker and cheaper to travel to England and pick it up from Play myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

got mine today, the local posty always has my orders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Baneblade wrote: »
    got mine today, the local posty always has my orders

Same as this, arrived this morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

mine was posted on the 22nd, too much to expect to get it within 7 working days

Mine arrived today, and there's a Budapest sticker on it?!?
    Did they send it for a little trip around europe before making its way to Ireland :)

Anyways, I raised a return request with Play so this one's going back. Can't believe how slow they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

mine arrived on Monday as well

Advertisement