Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What to do when selling car private

Options
  • 25-09-2008 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

The log book or reg cert paper. When I sell a car, what do I do with this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You and the new owner fill out and sign the change of ownership section of the reg cert. You then post it to the DOE in Shannon, they will update their records and send a new reg cert to the new owner. The new owner is then legally the registered owner of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Make sure you send it off yourself and don't leave that to them..

seen a lot of people who give it to the new owner to send off...terrible mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Check everything carefully on the form... My cousin accidently sent the ownership docs for her new car off to shannon when selling her old car. Very messy as the lads buying the old car weren't exactly the type you'd trust.

As said above OP get it filled in and YOU post it asap. I know a couple of months ago there were huge delays in processing these so the sooner the better. Not sure if there are still delays.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Give the new buyer a copy of the completed VLC and post it with them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Should I not wait until cheque clears before sending it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I would not accept a cheque. Cash or draft only for me.

Advertisement