Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After the update? is it easier?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that halo seems to be easier to win since the update? i keep getting matched against really bad people. its wierd, Maybe i just got amazingly better over night....

Also what ye all think of then update and new ranking system? I like it. plus snowbound is much better without the shield doors!

and the new forge map, so much fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I kinda enjoyed getting shotguns sprees behind those shield doors !

I find the update has improved things,havent noticed it getting easier but im guessing your a higher rank then me!!

Its made getting a new match much faster ,and its also great to have avalanche in the mix for the big team dlc,theres even a heavy variant for it!

Todays Halo 3 birthday i wonder what bungie are going to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

What new forge map? Boundless is brilliant though, completely changes the blend of the map. My favourite about the update is 8 player Lone Wolves...it's much much better imo.

I like the new ranking system too, it'l make me play different playlists more often.

As for Halo 3s birthday, theres a countdown on Bungie.net

My guess is Assembely today and mythic map pack around the live dashboard update. I doubt thy could release all the maps with zero notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

assembly is in the mythic map pack so i doubt that, could be so map outside the mappack. midship anyone :rolleyes: its probably just a countdown to there next project more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Midship would be awesome alright!God i loved that map!Doubt they'll do anything amazing for their birthday tbh. Unless they make the legendary maps free, which is no use to me whatsoever :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Where'd you hear about the Mythic maps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

look at your achievement list on xbl,
    Example:
    … Get the Horns 25G
    On a Mythic map, get a Bulltrue medal during any ranked or social match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Can anyone tell me if there was any reason for the update? Good to see it got rid of all the blast doors and the ghost on Snowbound. Shame it got rid of the invisibility orb though.

Can anyone tell me if there was any reason for the update? Good to see it got rid of all the blast doors and the ghost on Snowbound. Shame it got rid of the invisibility orb though.

Which map lost invis?? HC Snowbound only ever had 2 overshields. No invis.
    Anyway they updates the ranking system and updates their ban hammer abilities etc. Someother stuff too behind the scenes so we wouldnt notice..

look at your achievement list on xbl,
    Example:
    … Get the Horns 25G
    On a Mythic map, get a Bulltrue medal during any ranked or social match.

Ironically I got the Bulltrue medal on a Legendary map over the weekend. Any word on a release date? I reckon they might bundle the maps in with the expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Korvanica wrote: »
    Which map lost invis?? HC Snowbound only ever had 2 overshields. No invis.
    Anyway they updates the ranking system and updates their ban hammer abilities etc. Someother stuff too behind the scenes so we wouldnt notice..

As far as I remember there was an Invisibility shield inside the little tunnel. Not the best description I know but its on the opposite side of the map to where the ghost was located and it was beside a respawn point.

• Advertisement

As far as I remember there was an Invisibility shield inside the little tunnel. Not the best description I know but its on the opposite side of the map to where the ghost was located and it was beside a respawn point.

Ah yea, origional snowbound. No that map version hasnt been around for a bit as it was rigged. One team started with beam rifle, overshield and brs. Other team only got laser and carbines.(and invis). Shotguns on that map too if i remember. Which was maddness with the shield doors. They put shotty back when they took away the doors didnt they? On boundless?

Yep, Boundless has Shotty back, each team with Beam (I like that) and no Splaser. Now a quality map.

armour87 wrote: »
    Yep, Boundless has Shotty back, each team with Beam (I like that) and no Splaser. Now a quality map.

Dont forget thatb that damn ghost is gone too, mongoose now isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Mongoose?? Didn't even notice that!!Tells ya how much i actually used the vehicles! Miss the splaser though!! :( Great weapon
    Although i do prefer the beam Rifle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Haven't Played Sand Tarp yet. Whats the difference?

Sand Tarp = Sand Trap with no Elephants

Add me - ArmourElite

Add me- Silvine

Advertisement