Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LX, XE etc. what do they mean???

Options
  • 25-09-2008 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I was asked by a dealer what model my car is (206) LX etc... Hadn't a clue! I know this is probably a girly question but what do the letters after the model mean????;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

slick31 wrote: »
    I was asked by a dealer what model my car is (206) LX etc... Hadn't a clue! I know this is probably a girly question but what do the letters after the model mean????;)

Look at the back of the car. It should be there stuck to the boot. You can also usually check by going to www.cartell.ie and enter your reg number in the box on the left that looks like an Irish car registration plate, hit enter and this should tell you the model of the car...

They usually refer to the engine type. I have a 206 HDi, that's a HDi diesel engine, an LX is a 1.1 petrol as far as I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Del Boy reckoned that GL = Goes Lovely.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It depends on th brand. Some can refer to the engine type whilst others can refer to the level of trim. The letters in Peugeots usually refer to the level of trim (fog lights, CD, working electrics :D, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

you say 206?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/Summary.aspx?model=665

scroll down that page until you don't recognise the specification, and yours is the one above that matches engine size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Darragh29 wrote: »
    They usually refer to the engine type. I have a 206 HDi, that's a HDi diesel engine, an LX is a 1.1 petrol as far as I know...

Nope - it's the trim level. On the 206 there should be a badge somewhere near the indicators. You can just see it here.

The LX trim changed at some stage, so it may be hard to match the spec with what's on the web, especially if there are differences between the UK and Irish specs. I think the base model came with manual windows, and the LX model came with elec front windows, automatic window wipers etc.

eoin_s wrote: »
    Nope - it's the trim level. On the 206 there should be a badge somewhere near the indicators. You can just see it here.

The LX trim changed at some stage, so it may be hard to match the spec with what's on the web, especially if there are differences between the UK and Irish specs. I think the base model came with manual windows, and the LX model came with elec front windows, automatic window wipers etc.

Yeah it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. I think the engine is the same on the LX models though, or at least the service components are the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You can get a 1.1 LX and a 1.4 LX, so it's definitely a trim level.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 slick31

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Look at the back of the car. It should be there stuck to the boot. You can also usually check by going to www.cartell.ie and enter your reg number in the box on the left that looks like an Irish car registration plate, hit enter and this should tell you the model of the car...

Thanks, it's an LX at least I'll know if I'm asked again. Still not sure what it means though but The Trim sounds right.

Advertisement