Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientology?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Would the ISS ever consider doing lectures about Scientology? Or dangerous cults in general? There are many people that would be glad to speak at the lectures. Is the fear of being sued stopping this from happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Smudgeyboy

Have you heard what they tell people? Scientologists, excuse my ignorance, but apparently..Alien ghosts are trapped inside you, this is a secret kept from society and you can start cleansing today from €250,000!

Maybe you can be as great as that twat Tom Cruise

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Smudgeyboy wrote: »
    Have you heard what they tell people? Scientologists, excuse my ignorance, but apparently..Alien ghosts are trapped inside you, this is a secret kept from society and you can start cleansing today from €250,000!

Maybe you can be as great as that twat Tom Cruise
    Kinda of an oversimplification.
    To get the full picture on the dangers of Scientology you should visit http://www.xenu.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

i love Scientology bast 1,000000 euro evar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Rorie wrote: »
    Would the ISS ever consider doing lectures about Scientology? Or dangerous cults in general? There are many people that would be glad to speak at the lectures. Is the fear of being sued stopping this from happening?

All religions are dangerous cults (at least historically) that promote misinformation. Scientology has some esteemed and well respected colleagues (Islam, Christianity etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dynch

Does anyone know how to go about banning [Scientology] in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rorie

oeb wrote: »
    All religions are dangerous cults (at least historically) that promote misinformation. Scientology has some esteemed and well respected colleagues (Islam, Christianity etc).

Maybe, but Scientology is probably the most dangerous of all. They have a LOT of money and have shown no effort to change their ways. Most groups that may have once been dangerous historically have reformed. Also, scientology actively tries to put an end to psychiatric care in order to replace it with their pseudoscience "Dianetics". They actively suppress any negative information about themselves, thus trampling over the right to free speech. They engage in brainwashing, disconnection, harrassment ... They do not apologise for it- they don't even acknowledge it. They consider the promotion of their religion more important than human life.

Currently the cult is trying to get their "Study Tech" into Irish schools and spread their propoganda to our kids in the guise of some revolutionary learning tools. (go to www.studytech.org to learn more about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rorie

Dynch wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to go about banning [Scientology] in Ireland?

Getting a petition together would be a start. Also, join the monthly protests on middle Abbey street in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I recently actually read up on what they believe. Fecking hell!

There is imortal alien spirits living within us (Who ended up on earth thanks to a genocidal move by an alien being called Xenu). When we die, these alien spirts somehow end up on mars for reprogramming (I have also read that they get sent to venus to get lied to about thier past lives). Afterwards they get sent back to earth in a little capsule, and crash in the ocean off the coast of california. If the spirit escapes the capsule, he must find a baby to inhabit.

They also teach that the 'space opera' genre of science-fiction (Think star wars) is not in fact fiction. It is the surfacing of repressed memorys from our past lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

This is a general remark, aimed at nobody in particular: under no circumstances accuse any person or organisation of a crime unless you can point to a corresponding court verdict.

This rule applies to all boards, all the time.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

oeb wrote: »
    There is imortal alien spirits living within us (Who ended up on earth thanks to a genocidal move by an alien being called Xenu). When we die, these alien spirts somehow end up on mars for reprogramming (I have also read that they get sent to venus to get lied to about thier past lives). Afterwards they get sent back to earth in a little capsule, and crash in the ocean off the coast of california. If the spirit escapes the capsule, he must find a baby to inhabit.
    Reminds me a little of another religion, some sort of extra-terrestrial being impregnating a woman, giving birth to a kid who could perform all sorts of magic tricks, turing water into wine, walking on water. Some mumbo jumbo with alien spirits too, think it was called a holy ghost, and there was some other stuff about flying aliens, thing they were called angels or something. People have spirits/souls in them, and get this when they die they do not even end up on mars, oh no, they go to some magical place called heaven, not even known to astronomers! And then some other religion has already done the reincarnation thing.

Whole thing is just a revamped version really, like an update of an old film for the sci-fi generation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I detest Scientology as much as the next person but I'm closing this thread because most posters won't abide by the rule against libellous comments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement