Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Rotavated & Raked - What next?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, had a bit of a jungle out the back, so I cut it down, roatvated, then raked it. What needs to be done next? these are the different options I'm thinking:
    • Roll it, put topsoil down, seed it
    • topsoil first, roll then seed
    • topsoil, seed then roll

Probably a fairly silly question, but I want to make sure I get it right (assuming I havent gone wrong already!!) The soil in the garden is very dry after the last few days, so I was thinking of holding off for a bit of rain before seeding.

Any advice, much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Why do you need topsoil? Was the area previously weed infested in which case allow ground to settle and spray all weed seedlings after 5-7 days before proceeding to next stage.

Current conditions are good for rolling, so I would roll area, then sprinkle with fertiliser, apply seed, and lightly cover with compost.

Hold off for a week and utilise rain showers to water seed..

Advertisement