Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palin on Freddie Mac kickbacks to McCains aide.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

agreed. that campaign is going to tank fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Stop the sexism let her be interviewed and let her do the debates and if she is not the best person for the the job then she is not, best this come out now then later.
    "Tonight I call on the McCain campaign to stop treating Sarah Palin like she is a delicate flower that will wilt at any moment," said Brown. "This woman is from Alaska for crying out loud. She is strong. She is tough. She is confident. And you claim she is ready to be one heart beat away form the presidency. If that is the case, then end this chauvinistic treatment of her now. Allow her to show her stuff. Allow her to face down those pesky reporters... Let her have a real news conference with real questions. By treating Sarah Palin different from the other candidates in this race, you are not showing her the respect she deserves. Free Sarah Palin. Free her from the chauvinistic chain you are binding her with. Sexism in this campaign must come to an end. Sarah Palin has just as much a right to be a real candidate in this race as the men do. So let her act like one."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Calling this sexism is so incredibly naive its not funny. She is not being hidden because she's a woman, she's being hidden because she can't handle herself in any way properly in front of a camera or interviewer thats she's a liability. Completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

But there has been some sexism gone on. There is no way people would have been going about her having 5 kids or a down syndrome kid anywhere near as much as if she was male

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I had to watch it a second time to get the gems from it.

"I don't follow polls, i just know what america's thinkin"

"I"ll try to find you some and bring them to ya"

• Advertisement

cooker3 wrote: »
    There is no way people would have been going about her having 5 kids or a down syndrome kid anywhere near as much as if she was male

I am pretty sure they would if that male was as stupid as she was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

crash_000 wrote: »
    Calling this sexism is so incredibly naive its not funny. She is not being hidden because she's a woman, she's being hidden because she can't handle herself in any way properly in front of a camera or interviewer thats she's a liability. Completely different.

My tounge was firmly planted in my cheek when I posted it, I really do find the whole thing funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

cooker3 wrote:
    But there has been some sexism gone on. There is no way people would have been going about her having 5 kids or a down syndrome kid anywhere near as much as if she was male

Actually you have a point - some sexism has been going on, and who's the instigator? Sarah Palin. Between the McCain campaign and her own input, they are doing a very good job of making her gender an issue - as proven by women in Alaska who stated when interviewed that they would vote for McCain/Palin because "she knows what its like to be a mom". *Shudder*

Sorry Thaed, pisstake detector was on the fritz last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Oh Lord. This is like watching a train wreck, every word that comes out of her mouth is so poorly chosen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

crash_000 wrote: »

The media know exactly why Palin is not being allowed to talk, they are calling the action sexist because they can't say that.. it's a good excuse to get her to talk though ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

Campell Brown is basicly saying John please give sarah enough rope to hang herself!
    Intelligent female reporters are out to show how dumb she is. Not a difficult task.

Hobbes wrote: »
    I am pretty sure they would if that male was as stupid as she was.

Any excuse hey

Funny how you or nobody how posted any of Joe Bidens rather amusing comments over the last few days. I mean your usually on the ball for any type of link to post, guess that wouldn't suit the argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Any excuse hey

Funny how you or nobody how posted any of Joe Bidens rather amusing comments over the last few days. I mean your usually on the ball for any type of link to post, guess that wouldn't suit the argument.

You wanna argue that Palin is as intelligent as Biden?
    Good luck with that.............

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    You wanna argue that Palin is as intelligent as Biden?
    Good luck with that.............

I just want to point the funny disparity between people posting every single negative aspect of 1 candidate and every glowing aspect of another. It's quite funny.

As for Palin. I am not to fussed either way about her. Politically I think so far it was a great choice, poll numbers demonstrate that. It may still backfire, depending on how she does in the debates and more interviews. Her Couric interview was pretty poor on a few questions.

Although the economy issue will probably override everything when it's all said and done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

McCain might want to steal some momentos from the white house while he has the chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I just want to point the funny disparity between people posting every single negative aspect of 1 candidate and every glowing aspect of another. It's quite funny.

I believe there is a thread somewhere on here that's recent enough on Biden's religious commentary gaff for a start. What I think you'll find is that people are picking apart Palin because she appears very much shockingly inept and brutally underwhelming as a politican. Biden doesn't (well, less so if you will). This - I would hazard a guess - is why she is getting mauled. It's not funny, it's just bloody obvious.
    As for Palin. I am not to fussed either way about her. Politically I think so far it was a great choice, poll numbers demonstrate that. It may still backfire, depending on how she does in the debates and more interviews. Her Couric interview was pretty poor on a few questions.

I'm sorry. "A few questions"? Which questions did she perform well on exactly? I had to force myself to watch that interview. I cringed through it with my hand over my mouth in disbelief that this was a serious contender in the most important political race in the world. About the only question she actually answered was responding to her name. She answered nothing and instead went off on scripted waffle which was embarrasingly transparent.

Lemming wrote: »
    I believe there is a thread somewhere on here that's recent enough on Biden's religious commentary gaff for a start. What I think you'll find is that people are picking apart Palin because she appears very much shockingly inept and brutally underwhelming as a politican. Biden doesn't (well, less so if you will). This - I would hazard a guess - is why she is getting mauled. It's not funny, it's just bloody obvious.

It's nothing to do with how inept she is. It's all to do with political leanings of 99% of people on this board. If Palin was on democrat ticket, most of the insults would never get raised on here. If Biden was a republican you would hear far more barbs about him and about things he said and done. It's a simple idealogical matter. Now people support who they like and that's fine but what is rather annoying is when they just post stuff purely because they are the opposition so to speak and if those same actions came from the democrats there would be no opposition about it here and that is what happens imo of course.

Lemming wrote: »
    I'm sorry. "A few questions"? Which questions did she perform well on exactly? I had to force myself to watch that interview. I cringed through it with my hand over my mouth in disbelief that this was a serious contender in the most important political race in the world. About the only question she actually answered was responding to her name. She answered nothing and instead went off on scripted waffle which was embarrasingly transparent.

I have 2 questions of the top of my head that she did badly on, one about 1 of campaign people taking money of freddie mae and another about her knowledge of McCain taking the lead over current crisis and his legislation "i'll get back to you" doesn't really cut it. I don't remember anything else she did badly on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

She gave vague, unintersted answers to EVERY question. There was no discernable information anywhere in that interview.

It's nothing to do with how inept she is. It's all to do with political leanings of 99% of people on this board. If Palin was on democrat ticket, most of the insults would never get raised on here. If Biden was a republican you would hear far more barbs about him and about things he said and done. It's a simple idealogical matter. Now people support who they like and that's fine but what is rather annoying is when they just post stuff purely because they are the opposition so to speak and if those same actions came from the democrats there would be no opposition about it here and that is what happens imo of course.

I have 2 questions of the top of my head that she did badly on, one about 1 of campaign people taking money of freddie mae and another about her knowledge of McCain taking the lead over current crisis and his legislation "i'll get back to you" doesn't really cut it. I don't remember anything else she did badly on

Pathetic. Are you honestly telling me you don't think she has interviewed atrociously?

Hey, he's not wrong about this message board. left leaning.

• Advertisement

left wing? That seems a bit strong. But that wasn't the point. I for example, amn't left wing, right wing or anything in between. I don't really give a **** about anything and I can see that Palin is a terrible candidate. Joe Biden is sneaking in somewhat under the radar but you can't escape interviewing as badly as that (and not just that interview).

Its true though and for the most part its got lots to do with Ireland, which again, holds dear many left wing characteristics, like the Socialized Healthcare Nanny State BS. Obviously not everyone agrees with it but plenty are happy with it and the rest dont give a ****. I mean when you need a thread in Politics asking if Ireland has any Conservatives it really speaks for itself dont it?

Left Leaning might be a nicer term. I guess Wing would really be a term for a place where the opposing view is squelched out. Like on the PULSE site. bleh.

edit: but i dont like where I've taken this line of conversation... can of worms tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Before the can of worms come flying out, try and think of it this way.

To the Irish we're not left wing the United States is more right wing, its a matter of perception and history.

Your *left wing* party the democrats would be looked at as a central party (at least) over here.

Its an Irish forum, we look at this from an Irish perspective, so yes to you it might appear that we have a leftist twang to our criticisms but in reverse a large number of US posters give a very strong right wing impression aswell.

Its more a matter of perception and history, then a form of agenda or malice.

On the actual topic, you dont need to have a left or right leaning to see that she fubbed that interview quite badly.

Regardless of the interviewer's approach or the technicality of the questions, you should be able as a candidate for such an imense position be able to handle yourself better in interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It's nothing to do with how inept she is. It's all to do with political leanings of 99% of people on this board.

Au contraire, it has everything to do with how utterly and pathetically inept she is. The woman is woefully out of her depth running as VP. It's so bad, it's comical. And so badly comical it's just not even f*cking funny it's THAT serious an issue if she gets through the election process successfully.

As others have said, it isn't that Ireland is somehow "left" leaning, it's that the US republican party is so far right-wing. For the love of all holy mother f*cking f*cking f*cking christ (and yes, I emphase that amount of profanity here to make a point) .... the UK Conservative party is seen as left wing in the US. That should tell you something about the view of many card-carrying members/supporters of the US Republican party.

Only two questions? Were you even watching the same interview?!! She answered nothing. NOTHING!! I'm used to politicians dancing around questions but that interview was the most embarassingly transparent amount of TRIPE I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

McCain might want to steal some momentos from the white house while he has the chance...
    "700bn dolla ... love you long time"

I wouldve chosen the nuclear football....but thats just me.

Overheal wrote: »
    Its true though and for the most part its got lots to do with Ireland, which again, holds dear many left wing characteristics, like the Socialized Healthcare Nanny State BS. Obviously not everyone agrees with it but plenty are happy with it and the rest dont give a ****. I mean when you need a thread in Politics asking if Ireland has any Conservatives it really speaks for itself dont it?

Left Leaning might be a nicer term. I guess Wing would really be a term for a place where the opposing view is squelched out. Like on the PULSE site. bleh.

edit: but i dont like where I've taken this line of conversation... can of worms tbh.

Yea my point was no matter how much of a left wing nut you are, it doesn't change the fact that Sarah Palin has underperformed (to say the least) so far.
    Victor wrote: »
    "700bn dolla ... love you long time"

funny, my xbox live user name is luv ulongtime69 :P

Funny how you or nobody how posted any of Joe Bidens rather amusing comments over the last few days.

Well you post them then.

Actually.. please do post them because I am at a loss to find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They get Sarah Palin we get Mary Harney.

We even get short-changed on the useless bimbos.

• Advertisement

Jack Caffertys take on the interview. He doesn't hold back :)

Advertisement