Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend: 26-27/09/08

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Its very pointed that its a Shels and Pats fan arguing this with you. The Bozo is conspicious in his absence from this one. They know the arse has fallen out of it but just won't admit it here.

It's also very pointed that you keep on ignoring the same question, time and again.

Piss or get off the pot tbh.

Where's your hungerstriking mate gone, by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Je$us, without knowing the results, you could really tell from the past few pages that Bohs beat Rovers the weekend gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

LOL at the "you ****ed up worse than us" nonsense. Both clubs used the relevant legal means available to them to survive and are still in existance, just.

Do we learn anything from it though? No, of course not. Instead we get another head-in-the-sand routine, this time from Bohs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Des wrote: »
    It's also very pointed that you keep on ignoring the same question, time and again.

Piss or get off the pot tbh.

Where's your hungerstriking mate gone, by the way?

Whats the question?

BS81? You got him banned when he used your real name.

CiaranC wrote: »
    LOL at the "you ****ed up worse than us" nonsense. Both clubs used the relevant legal means available to them to survive and are still in existance, just.

Do we learn anything from it though? No, of course not. Instead we get another head-in-the-sand routine, this time from Bohs.

Exactly. We are supposed to aplogise for removing McGuire and doing everything within our power to keep the club alive? :confused: Its not our fault that the examinership route turned out to be a better one for us than the Shels one of keeping it all in house.

The gas thing is that B*hs would be imploding with another one of their civil wars over the Albion thing and swiss bank loan if they were behind Rovers in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Its nuts to be debating property prices on last weekends football thread, especially with someone who thinks prices are rising...
    I didn't say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What has all this bull**** got to do with last weekends results?

What has all this bull**** got to do with last weekends results?
    Bohs beat Rovers on the pitch, so now the Rovers fans are trying to demonstrate that Rovers are beating Bohs off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

djpbarry wrote: »
    Bohs beat Rovers on the pitch, so now the Rovers fans are trying to demonstrate that Rovers are beating Bohs off the pitch.

Not all Rovers fans....

djpbarry wrote: »

In a nutshell.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Its very pointed that its a Shels and Pats fan arguing this with you. The Bozo is conspicious in his absence from this one. They know the arse has fallen out of it but just won't admit it here.

It's also very pointed that every time you're asked to back your posts up with facts you don't.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    It's also very pointed that every time you're asked to back your posts up with facts you don't.

And for the second time on this thread I'll ask what you want backed up

And for the second time on this thread I'll ask what you want backed up

Making stuff up now. :rolleyes: Where did you ask me before?

See my question in post #88 that you quoted and ignored in post #90 and answer my question from post #98.....with facts that you can back up.

Making stuff up now. :rolleyes: Where did you ask me before?

See my question in post #88 that you quoted and ignored in post #90 and answer my question from post #98.....with facts that you can back up.

Making what up?

Rovers have discharged all their previous debt with all creditors to their satisfaction, and indeed retained almost all the vendors.

Shels have not. You still owe millions to the revenue and smaller amounts to printers, security firms etc. My source in Shels confirms that you have made a small dent in your debt, but day to day are still struggling.

Thats the way you decided to proceed and good luck to you.

What of this is controversial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yawn yawn yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is this going to run into this weekend's Irish football??

Probably not, but ill be sure to mention it on next weeks thread too ;)

Making what up?

Rovers have discharged all their previous debt with all creditors to their satisfaction, and indeed retained almost all the vendors.

Shels have not. You still owe millions to the revenue and smaller amounts to printers, security firms etc. My source in Shels confirms that you have made a small dent in your debt, but day to day are still struggling.

Thats the way you decided to proceed and good luck to you.

What of this is controversial?

So what you're saying is you can't back any of your claims up?

And I'm sure Rovers creditors were really satisfied with getting 4% of what they were owed. :rolleyes:

So what you're saying is you can't back any of your claims up?

And I'm sure Rovers creditors were really satisfied with getting 4% of what they were owed. :rolleyes:
    I personally know one man who gave a five figure sum to the shams, to pay wages, and hasn't seen a red cent of it back.

So excuse me if I call bullshít on you ONYD, you're talking out of your arse tbh.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    I personally know one man who gave a five figure sum to the shams, to pay wages, and hasn't seen a red cent of it back.

So excuse me if I call bullshít on you ONYD, you're talking out of your arse tbh.

Your uncle gave Maguire money. Big difference. IIRC you said before he didn't even apply as a creditor. Highly disengenious of you to suggest Rovers owed him money. Bold Dessie.

I don't really care what you guys think. We did it legally, kept most of the vendors, are moving into a FIFA 3 star 10,000 seater ground and if we get a run together the setanta cup and all as a members club running at a profit.

You are in a deathtrap of a stadium, heavily in debt, stuck in the first division in front of dwindling crowds with no possibilty of moving to a decent ground in the medium term with a Byrne running the club.

Again, our clubs made our choices about how to handle their situations and I am not going to apologise for ours, thats for sure

Your uncle gave Maguire money. Big difference. IIRC you said before he didn't even apply as a creditor. Highly disengenious of you to suggest Rovers owed him money. Bold Dessie.

I don't really care what you guys think. We did it legally, kept most of the vendors, are moving into a FIFA 3 star 10,000 seater ground and if we get a run together the setanta cup and all as a members club running at a profit.

You are in a deathtrap of a stadium, heavily in debt, stuck in the first division in front of dwindling crowds with no possibilty of moving to a decent ground in the medium term with a Byrne running the club.

Again, our clubs made our choices about how to handle their situations and I am not going to apologise for ours, thats for sure

Conclusive proof you haven't got a clue about what's happening with our club.

Conclusive proof you haven't got a clue about what's happening with our club.

Well he was up until recently. Point stands. You have not changed your business model.

No, he gave money to the shams.

NOT Maguire, the club.

Got nothing back. Zero.

Disengenuous? Nope. Telling it like it is.

He gave thousands of euro to your "club", saw nothing back.

Apply as a creditor?

Nope, the club should do the decent thing. He was a fan for as long as I remember, he was treated shabbily by the club.

Either you are still SRFC, or you aren't.

Either you accept the full history, or stop calling yourselves the most successful Irish club.

It's nasty the way you try to tell people that even 4% of debts paid is "clearing debts". Some people's kids didn't get to go to have a life.

I fúcking hate Rovers, and everything the "club" stand for.

You ripped people off, end of story.

Dessie thats rubbish.

If your uncle wants money back he should ask for it. There is a reason he hasn't.

End of.

You should stop saying that your uncle lent money to the club. He did not. He may have thought he was, but remember we removed McGuire because of these stories.

And for every uncle of yours McGuire dealt with there are 20 Olly fleeced. Glasshouses.

For anyone who's interested in what's happening on the field:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055390367

• Advertisement

Well he was up until recently. Point stands. You have not changed your business model.

No, he wasn't until recently. And we have changed our business model. Again you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

No, he wasn't until recently. And we have changed our business model. Again you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Andy Byrne was not involved in Shels? Really?

Well educate me, what have you changed about how the club is run? Other than slash the budget and let the stadium collapse.

The bitterness is strong in this thread. Gotta love it.

ONYD, **** the begrudgers. Its a new dawn, its a new day, and we're feelin' good. :)

The End of Tolka

The sale of Shelbourne's Tolka Park lease to developers has nearly been completed.

Friday October 03 2008

THE wrecking ball is hovering over Tolka Park following the news that Shelbourne are set for a move to the AUL Grounds in Clonshaugh.

The sale of Shelbourne's Tolka Park lease to developers has nearly been completed apart from a few details, and speculation suggests that the club will receive £1.5m as a settlement and move north to the AUL's facility.

The long-time Republic of Ireland senior training ground for home internationals is set for a major revamp and will ultimately house a new stand after an investment thought to be worth close to £2m.

With Shamrock Rovers ever closer to their final move to the stadium in Tallaght, it is thought that developers will not dawdle and that the diggers could be on site some time next year.

The Tolka Park acreage is the key to a major inner city residential development which has been backed by Dublin City Council and is likely to plough ahead despite the turmoil in the financial markets.

But for supporters of the eircom League, the demise of yet another Dublin soccer stronghold will come as a blow to the domestic football scene.

Shelbourne had hoped to net a huge windfall from the sale of their lease on Tolka Park, cash that late chairman and major mover Ollie Byrne had hoped would find him a new ground or a share deal with another Dublin club.

However, Shels' push towards the Champions League was largely based on the financial package Byrne believed he had in place for Tolka Park and he borrowed heavily against the expected proceeds.

When Shels’ finances became a problem for the taxman and the FAI, a collapse was inevitable, precipitated by the FAI's First Instance |Committee.

“Following its meeting on 4 February, the independent committee had sought information from Shelbourne and following extensions to that date at the request of the club, the committee met again to consider the status of its licence.”

“The committee decided to withdraw the club's Premier Division licence and to award Shelbourne a first division licence, with conditions.”

After that, Tolka's fate was sealed and for older football fans, there will be much sadness that another piece of the family silverware will soon be lost.
    The A U L????????

No wonder you are so bitter Des.
    Cuffe to step down as Bohemians' president

By Neil Ahern
    Friday October 03 2008

Bohemians have been rocked by the decision of Gerry Cuffe to step down from the position of club president at the end of the season - just as they are poised to win the Eircom Premier League for the first time in five years.

The Irish Independent has seen a copy of a letter Cuffe sent to all members on Wednesday, saying "the past three to four months have been the most fractious, divisive and unenjoyable period of my 19 years on the board."

He is unhappy that negative publicity has surrounded the club despite success on the pitch after dissident members announced their intention to organise an Emergency General Meeting following the board's decision to delay such an assembly until the end of the season.
    The muppet show continues. Now not only are they ****ed, but Cuffe is doing a runner too.

Shels and Bohs RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

couldnt make the bohs game cause im as sick as a dog...2-1...Lurch and Crowe.

pats winning through a quigley goal who also missed a peno vs finn harps.

Jake Kelly playing for Bray.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

And Galway beat Cork.

If only we could do it in the hurling as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

kraggy wrote: »
    And Galway beat Cork.

If only we could do it in the hurling as well!

Fantastic result, and more than a glimmer of hope with Finn Harps loosing.
    5 pts behind them with a game in hand.

Statement re Ground Re-location

STATEMENT RE: GROUND RE LOCATION

Having read various media reports concerning the future ground re-location of Shelbourne Football Club, the Board of Management would like to make the following statement.

As discussed and explained at the last Fans’ Forum in the Regency Hotel, Shelbourne FC are continuing to search for a suitable site for the re-location of our football club. .

It would be true to say that the AUL Complex in Clonshaugh is one of a number of options that we have looked into and have had exploratory talks with – and will continue to do so – but to say that a deal has been done, or is on the verge of being done, is very far wide of the mark.

Ad I have said on many occasions, through our updates, when the Board of Management of Shelbourne FC have something definite to say – then we will do so. Speculation is not something we will engage in – it serves no purpose and is a waste of time.

By their very nature, negotiations like these must remain sensitive and I hope out supporters understand this and will continue to give us their support.

Joe Casey,
    Board of Management
    Seems the article quoted above was from the herag. Wouldnt have posted it if id realised. Hope Shels can do better. Groundshare Santry a runner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Groundshare Santry a runner?

Anythings a possible runner.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us out in Tallaght at some stage. Honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Bray played very good tonight, Robson unlucky to be sent off, what a disgrace by the ref.I'm sick as I think we could of got a good result as we were the better team on the night.Only positive is that we scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

when did bray sign kelly?

Advertisement