Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

src hk416 upgrades?

Options
  • 25-09-2008 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

got one of these 3 weeks ago, ****er died and hour into its second game in fingal. sounds like the gearbox is ****ed after reading great reviews on it. course its still under warrenty but im sure when i get it back its still gonna get it back its gonna have the same issue, should have kept the box. is there any upgrades or anything that can be done to it to help? should have got a g&g off tony :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

to be honest their not all that great for the price, the exterior quality is nice but the internals are no better than your average clone gun, and ya should get more than that for the price of them., get yourself a decent set of gears and a good piston, should have any probs after that., :)
    Theres a G&G vbersion of it comming out soon too, from what ive seen of G&G's quality im defo gonna get one myself.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

where can i get those parts?

ehobbyasia or any of the HK sites really, tony has pistons but i dunno about the gears.,

right think im gonna look for my money back on this one even if i have to pay for a new box, they made it out to be a great gun and had i read reviews online on this i would have know its a well overpriced clone know for breaking down :/ cringed as i read the reviews

their not completely terrible AEGs, just not worth the money in my opinion., Ive repaired a few of them so far and if you concider their not exactly flooding the market, Its a pretty sizeable number of failures.,
    most are shredded gears aswell as hopup probs and the dust cover is a bastid for getting jammed.,

• Advertisement

mine sounds like gears are ****ed, actually my dust cover flap has never stay closed since the day i got it, slightest tap on the gun and it flips open

i contacted them and told them the problem and they were very reasonable about it.
    cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

I thought you would get a refund no questions....box or not!!!
    I love this gun but i will wait for the G&G version with elec Blow back comes out!
    infact the Ak47 blowback in airsoft is looking tastey!

they were reasonable as in bring it in and if it aint working we will refund and cheers for using my real name lol john B

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Sorry Spicy, I wasnt thinking, all edited now.
    Thats good of them i suppose.
    I hope your happy whatever the outcome....:)

far far from happy, my mom went over today because im caught in work and they decided to not refund despite having an email saying they would if it wasnt working when it was brought over, gonna try and fix it apparently, no offence but i dont trust a 330 euro gun that breaks after 1 skirmish :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Very surprised with the SRC acting up. I bought mine from MIA about 5 months ago, is my primary aeg and have not a had problem really had a problem with it. The hop-up caused a bit of a problem initially, got a little stuck as you try to adjust it, but got past that and now it's the bee's knees so to speak. Personally, I thought the internals were rather good, I don't take aeg's apart as often as V-tec, but when I compared the internals to a d-boys and a CA m15 (not sportsline), the gears felt and looked very solid in comparison. You could have just been unlucky with that one. As Tony was selling the VFC 416 for 460 at the time (a couple of days before he dropped the price), the SRC was a very good alternative. Having said that, if G&G are bringing out a 416 soon, I would be def have a look at it.

aye well i will just see how it plays out, if its something simple they will fix it, if serious replace or refund

Advertisement