Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 meat lovers and 1 veggie

Options
  • 25-09-2008 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

But we are all bringing the veggie out for the meal. Any recommendations? We where thinking Monty's of Kathmandu. But it might be a bit pricey.

Anyone got a decent Indian place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I mentioned it in your other thread - Madina on Mary St. does excellent food & fantastic value, but it's a no drink place which might be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Where are you going out? If it's Dublin then I'd reccommend Yamamori on George's st and ormonde quay. It's Japanese and great for veggies and meat eaters. Havana (tapas) is great too.

If you fancy Indian, madina is quite good if you don't mind not drinking. They prepare the veggie food in a seperate kitchen. Not many good Indian's in Dublin that I know of...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

+1 for havana mmmmmmmmm

If you're prepared to go to Naas I can rec the best Indian in the whole country ;)

If you're prepared to go to Naas I can rec the best Indian in the whole country

Don't keep it a secret.

LOL, is that "don't, keep it a secret" as in, dont tell people.

Or dont keep it a secret, as in "tell me"?

• Advertisement

Tell me! I'd go to Donegal for the best Indian in Ireland.

Hell, I'd go to India for the best Indian in Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Kashmir in Galway will beat any other one hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

rockbeer wrote: »
    Tell me! I'd go to Donegal for the best Indian in Ireland.

Funny you should mention this because there is a definite contender for best Indian in Ireland and it's in Donegal. Monsoon Valley in Bundoran. The best Indian I've had here and I've had a few...

Definately Indie Spice in Naas, AMAZING. The atmosphere of the place is great too. In fact, I think you should bring me, you know, for telling you? :D

Definately Indie Spice in Naas, AMAZING. The atmosphere of the place is great too. In fact, I think you should bring me, you know, for telling you? :D

Yeah, been to Indie spice in Naas a few times. I believe there is another one in swords. It is pretty good and I like the atmosphere and decor, if a bit pretentious, but the only problem for me is that any dish I've ever had there is too sweet for me, possibly it's from using coconut milk in a lot of dishes. I even found the naan to be sweet tasting! I find it very hard to finish the dishes which is a bit unheard of for me...but all round, not bad, but not the best in the country!

• Advertisement

Pretentious? Nah, defo not. Bollywood spice is a bit, but not indie. I think it's a younger version of the general indian where you have very quiet muted colours, decor, music and staff. It's all a bit more laid back if you know what I mean. A place you'd feel ok about going to with friends for drinks as well as going as a couple.

Not sure what you mean about sweetness :o I love the food. :) And if you order a coconut based dish - it's gonna be sweet. I hate coconut used in cooking so I tend to avoid it. (something wrong with fruit in a curry if you ask me) :D

Pretentious? Nah, defo not. Bollywood spice is a bit, but not indie. I think it's a younger version of the general indian where you have very quiet muted colours, decor, music and staff. It's all a bit more laid back if you know what I mean. A place you'd feel ok about going to with friends for drinks as well as going as a couple.

Not sure what you mean about sweetness :o I love the food. :) And if you order a coconut based dish - it's gonna be sweet. I hate coconut used in cooking so I tend to avoid it. (something wrong with fruit in a curry if you ask me) :D

The thing is, nothing I ever ordered should be coconut based. I've had probably all of the vegetarian dishes but usually get Palak Paneer and even it tastes sweet to me. Haven't been in a little while so maybe I'll give it another chance.

By the way, if you like Indie spice, then I'd reccommend you try Alhamra in Tallaght. It's a new Indian restaurant which serves very similar style food to Indie spice and in similar surroundings. I prefer my Indian restaurants to look a bit more authentic old fashioned Indian myself, but each to their own I suppose.

rockbeer wrote: »
    I mentioned it in your other thread - Madina on Mary St. does excellent food & fantastic value, but it's a no drink place which might be a problem.

I too would second Madina on Mary St. In my opinion the quality of the food kicks the arse off the likes of Indie spice for taste. As you say though, it's a no drink place so it has less of a feel of a proper restaurant and more leaning towards fast food, but damn good.

Advertisement