Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenue Tax Credits

• 25-09-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this.. but

I applied for a refund of tax credits from the revenue. I have a daughter who was born in November 2005, but forgot to claim credits for her until now. So I sent the forms to the revenue on 8th September for the last four years. I got the letter last Friday and it was dated 17th saying its been accepted and the payment will be made to my account. No mention of how much or when.

So Just wondering first will I receive a refund for the tax credits for this year so far or do I have to wait until next year to claim it back. And roughly how long it takes the revenue to process this
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

usually depends on how busy they are - sorry I know that's no help, but you could get a cheque in the post next week, or you could be waiting on it for a while. We claimed tax credits online a while ago and they were very prompt, and sent out a cheque to cover the overpayment we had made within the space of about 2-3 weeks. It seems to take longer if you do it via snail-mail or dropping forms into the office direct, the online version seems to function quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thanks.

Do you know if I can claim for 2008 or do I have to wait til the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ballybrone

Hi I wasnt aware that you could claim a tax credit for a daughter or son .Is it some special tax credit .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

ballybrone wrote: »
    Hi I wasnt aware that you could claim a tax credit for a daughter or son .Is it some special tax credit .

Yep. You can apply online as far as I know. I applied through the post and filled in form OP1.. Well this is the one I filled in it may be a different one if your married. AFAIK you can claim for the last four years. You can check if you are already getting the credit by checking your Tax credits form you should have got at the start of the year. Its a yellow form.

Check out http://www.revenue.ie/ for more info..

Advertisement