Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a good Indian?

• 25-09-2008 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

We are going tonight, mate's going away due. Or anything Veggie freindly(just the 1 out of 10).

Nothing to expensive i.e €20ish for a main is fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Not sure where you live, but "Khans Balti House" in Donnybrook in Dublin 2 is lovely. I'm vegetarian and the veggie food there is delicious.

what area are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sorry, We'll be in the city center for this.

So far we have Jaipur or Monty's of Kathmandu

yep - go with one of them, they're both good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

SNIP!!

Misread it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Vermillion in Terenure is amazing if you want to venture out that far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

The Punjab Balti House in Ranelagh has good Indian food. The menu is safe but the food is well prepared. Beer and wine served, or you can bring your own for a small corking charge.

Is Jaipur pricey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

RasTa wrote: »
    Is Jaipur pricey?

Yes, it is expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Madina on Mary St. for the food every time, but it's a drink-free establishment. That might bother you if it's a going away do.

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, onto Monty's there and they where unsure if they could take a booking for 12people. Anywhere else as a backup? Going to give Jaipur a miss going from reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

bu-ali on clanbrassil street.The food from there is yummy!The nan bread is to die for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

TONTO//icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

The Green Chilli in Stoneybatter! Yummy and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I usually go to Indian Summer, but that's in Stillorgan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Vermillion in Terenure is amazing if you want to venture out that far

Agreed. Delicious!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Kinara beside the wooden bridge in Clontarf, if you don't have a car it's a bit of a trek, but there are bus stops nearby.
    It is one of the best in Dublin, the food, service & atmosphere are totally top notch. As far as I can remember it's both cheaper & tastier than Jaipur.
    There's also one in swords called indie spice which is seriously tasty as well.
    Jaipur is good but it seemed overpriced. It isn't cheap in Kinara but it's worth every penny, one of the desserts is home made ice cream, two small scoops of the tastiest thing I've ever put in me gob :)
    I've been told that the Bombay Pantry is good, and the delivery certainly did not live up to my expectations at all, but eating in tends to be a different experience entirely!
    Since I've moved southside I haven't really eaten much indian food because every place I have tried has been rubbish compared to Indie Spice, where I ate regularily. Kinaras good but it's also a bit "posh" and I don't really fit in too well with my long hair and biking gear etc..but the foods amazing :)

actually anyone know any good places near monkstown? Ive tried about 6 places and theyve ALL sucked the big one.

Advertisement